Location: Clearview Avenue (38th Avenue) North and 42nd Street, Saint Petersburg, Florida
CLEARVIEW LEALMAN SCHOOL, 1917-1931
- Two room stucco schoolhouse built in 1917 on Clearview Avenue in Saint Petersburg, Florida to serve the Lealman and north Saint Petersburg areas.
- Well constructed, with two classrooms, two lavoratories and two coat rooms, with a front porch and a front hall entrance.
- Replaced Lealman School Number 2 but at a different, more convienent location on Clearview Avenue, a major road in northern Saint Petersburg by 1917.
- Addition added in 1927 with the construction of three wooden classrooms as the area population continued to grow in the booming 1920s.
- Reduced the number of grades served when nearby Lealman Junior High School opened in 1927, and Lealman Avenue Elementary opened about the same time.
- Replaced by a large eight classroom brick school named Clearview Avenue Elementary which was completed in 1931.
- "The Golden Anniversary of Pinellas County Schools", Pinellas County School District, Largo, Florida. 1962
- "A Tradition of Excellence: Pinellas County Schools: 1912-1987", edited by Pat Costrini. Pinellas County School District, Largo, Florida, 1987
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)