Surnames/tags: Calder Cadder Cawdor
About the Project
The Calder Name Study project serves as a collaborative platform to collect information on the Calder name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join the study to help make it a valuable reference point for other genealogists who are researching or have an interest in the Calder name.
As a One Name Study, this project is not limited to persons who are related biologically. Individual studies can be used to branch out the research into specific methods and areas of interest, such as geographically (England Calder's), by time period (18th Century Calder's), or by topic (Calder DNA, Calder Occupations, Calder Statistics). These studies may also include a number of family branches which have no immediate link with each other. Some researchers may even be motivated to go beyond the profile identification and research stage to compile fully sourced, single-family histories of some of the families they discover through this name study project.
Also see the Related Surnames and Surname Variants section, below.
How to Join
To join the Calder Name Study, first start out by browsing our current research pages to see if there is a specific study ongoing that fits your interests. If so, feel free to add your name to the Membership list below, post an introduction comment on the specific team page, and then dive right in!
Once you are ready to go, you can also show your project affiliation with the ONS Member Sticker:
Here are some of the current research pages included in the study. I'll be working on them, and could use your help!
- none yet
Related Surnames and Surname Variants
- Publications of the Scottish History Society, Second Series, Vol. V, Highland Papers, Vol. I, 1337-1680, page 117, A Succint Account of the Family of Calder
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: One Name Studies WikiTree and George Watson Rodger. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)