Location: Lincoln, North Carolina, United States
Surnames/tags: James_Caldwell_Lincoln Caldwell
James Caldwell (c.1753-1837) of Tryon and Lincoln County, NC, USA
The goal of this project is to identify both descendants and ancestors of James Caldwell (born c. 1753, d. 1832-1837) of Tryon and Lincoln County, North Carolina, USA.
Right now this project just has one member, me. I am Vicki Rast. My interest stems from my husband's ancestry: He is Marcus Caldwell Rast, a descendant of John D. Caldwell (c.1770-1843) and Millie Bandy Caldwell (c.1780-1851).
Here are some required tasks. We'll be working on them, and could use your help.
- Differentiating "James the Lincoln, NC, Pioneer" Caldwell from unrelated lines.
- Determining identity and origins of James' father and mother.
- Identifying and locating James' siblings within NC and the USA.
- Verifying James' issue: John D. Caldwell, Sr., and Katie Caldwell [Duncan?].
- Identifying the mother of James' issue (viz., John D. and Katie).
- Identifying James' wife at time of his death: Sarrah Caldwell (a.k.a., widow Short)
While many "hunches" exist regarding these matters, little empirical evidence provides assurance that James' lineage can be "proved." As a consequence, we may never know the true origins of this Caldwell Family line. As modern-day genealogists, we must use all the tools we have to etch permanently our ancestors' places in history. I'm asking you to help me do that; I'll gladly reciprocate.