Surnames/tags: CAMBRIDGESHIRE HUNTINGDONSHIRE ENGLAND
Welcome to the Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire Team page
Team Leader: Sue Boutle
- Sue Boutle appointed as team leader 07 September 2021.
- The Numbers tables updated 05 May, 2022.
The goal of the Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire Team is to make all Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire profiles the best that they can be. It is our desire to leave a lasting legacy of work for future generations and current researchers that can facilitate their quest for family history, and bring them one step closer to discovering the myriad of people it has taken for them to draw breath.
Topics In order to achieve our goals, there are a number of things we are currently working on in each respective county :
- Cambridgeshire Maintenance Categories
- Cambridgeshire, Family Brick Walls
- Cambridgeshire Name Studies
- Cambridgeshire Schools
- Cambridgeshire Notables.
- Huntingdonshire Maintenance Categories
- Huntingdonshire, Family Brick Walls
- Huntingdonshire Notables
What to do
We handle the responsibility of improving the profiles of people from Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire along with several other tasks, which include:
- Oversight of the Cambridgeshire Category and Huntingdonshire Category page's and ensure that they are consistent with the other England County pages.
- This also includes the revision of our categories, adding correct categories and deleting incorrect or unnecessary categories as needed.
- Monitor the Cambridgeshire Category and Huntingdonshire Category page's to ensure that all profiles are placed into the most accurate sub-category possible and not into any of the parent categories.
- Continual updating of the maintenance templates on Cambridge and Huntingdon county profiles, including 'Unsourced' and 'Estimated Date' templates
- Focusing on the improvement of Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire profiles including sourcing, connecting, merging duplicates, correcting database errors, and writing biographies.
- Creating profiles for prominent or notable Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire-based individuals and connect them up to the global WikiTree
- Researching and updating profiles on WikiTree which are relevant to prominent Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire families
- Discuss and collaborate together, including maintaining the Cambridgeshire Research Resources and Huntingdonshire Research Resources pages, adding and updating links as needed.
Team Member Specific Interests and what we're working on
- Linda Rosendahl | Murfit family line in Stretham, Cambridgeshire
Communication and Collaboration
If you want to work together .... go for it! You can communicate with everyone by posting to this page. Or you can message individual members. Remember we will largely be working in the context of profiles that are managed by other people. Always endeavour to discuss any major changes you may wish to make to a profile with the profile manager/s involved.
We have a Challenge team Mighty Oaks connected to the England Project. Members of the England Counties teams are encouraged to join and participate from time to time in WikiTree challenges for England. It’s good fun, why not give it a try.
- Categorization Help
- Research Note Box Help
- Sources Help
- Free Space Pages for Sources
- Editing Tips
- Adding Links
- Sources Style Guide
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Michael Christmas, England Project WikiTree, and Raewyn Vincent. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)