Profile manager: Richard Devlin [send private message]
This page has been accessed 1,503 times.
Part of Pelican Lake, Wisconsin - one place study
This profile is part of the Pelican Lake, Wisconsin One Place Study.
Located on Pelican Lake’s North bay or Mud Bay, out to Chicago Point.
- Operated from 1922 to 1933
- Managed by John Griffith. as a Wisconsin Corporation.
- 1934 leased to Harold Korey
- 1935 sold to Harold Korey
|Camp Maccabee 1947|
- Operated as a Jewish private summer camp from 1934 to 1969.
- Owners, Harold and Sophia Korey, lived in Chicago, IL
- J.O. Frank sold property to Harold Korey for the girls camp
- 1940's The Maccabee Girls Camp, which was located on Chicago Point, was started
- 1954 Murray and Renee Jans bought the camp from the Korey’s
- Murray and Renee Jans, lived in Skokie, IL
- 1969 was its final season
|Camp Maccabee c.1947|
- ↑ https://www.ancestry.com/boards/thread.aspx?mv=flat&m=296&p=localities.northam.usa.states.wisconsin.counties.oneida
Right now this project just has one member, me. I am Richard Devlin.
Will you join me? Please post a comment here on this page, in G2G using the project tag, or send me a private message. Thanks!
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.