Location: Holyhead, Anglesey, Wales
|Capel y Bedd|
- This is a tiny chapel (8.15 by 4.42 m, or 26'9" by 14' 6') is within the Churchyard of St Cybi's in Holyhead.
- The Welsh name for Holyhead is Caergybi. This means Cybi's fort. The town centre of Caergybi is built around St. Cybi's Church, which is built inside one of Europe's few three-walled Roman forts, The fourth side facing the sea.
- St Cybi was a 6th century monk, and it is thought that Eglwys/Capel y Bedd may mark the original location of his cell (the place where he lived and ministered)
- Archeological excavations in 1992 indicated that there had previously been another medieval building on this site. The present building dates from the early 14th century, although it was once larger than it is now: the present structure is only the nave of a larger church, the rest of which no longer exists.
- It was in ruins before 1748, when Thomas Ellis, the rector of St Cybi's, restored the nave for use as the first school in Holyhead. The chancel ruins were removed completely in 1810. Eglwys y Bedd is now used as a church room by St Cybi's, after restoration in 1980
- Another church dedicated to St Cybi is in Llangybi in Monmouthshire, also known as Llangibby.