Surnames/tags: CAPPAGH Tyrone Ulster
|Main Tyrone Page
|Category for Cappagh Parish
|Civil Parishes in County Tyrone
Part of the Ireland Project
- This information page for the Civil Parish contains a list of all the townlands in the parish and links to the category for the townland (if it has been created). There also may be notes about the individual townlands.
- This page is maintained by the County Tyrone team
Cappagh Civil Parish
- Irish or Alternate Name: An Cheapach.
- Logainm Link: Cappagh Parish on Logainm.ie
- PlacenamesNI Link: Cappagh Parish on PlacenamesNI.org
- Baronies: Omagh East, Strabane Upper
- Province: Ulster
Population Centres of Cappagh Civil Parish
- Note: Population centres for this Parish are shown here. For a full list see Towns of County Tyrone
- Irish or Alternate Name: An Ómaigh.
- WikiTree Category: Category for Omagh
- Map: Google Maps OpenStreetMap
- Omagh from Irish: An Ómaigh, meaning "the virgin plain" is the county town of County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. It is situated where the rivers Drumragh and Camowen meet to form the Strule. Northern Ireland's capital city Belfast is 68 miles (109.5 km) to the east of Omagh, and Derry is 34 miles (55 km) to the north.
- The town had a population of 19,659 at the 2011 Census, and the former district council, which was the largest in County Tyrone, had a population of 51,356. Source: Wikipedia
- The town sprang up within the townland of Omagh, in the parish of Drumragh. Over time, the urban area has spread into the surrounding townlands. They include:
- Campsie in Cappagh Civil Parish
- Conywarren in Cappagh Civil Parish
- Coolnagard Lower, Coolnagard Upper in Drumragh Civil Parish
- Creevenagh in Cappagh Civil Parish
- Culmore in Drumragh Civil Parish
- Dergmoney Lower, Dergmoney Upper
- Gortmore in Drumragh Civil Parish
- Killybrack in Cappagh Civil Parish
- Killyclogher in Cappagh Civil Parish
- Lammy in Drumragh Civil Parish
- Lisanelly in Cappagh Civil Parish
- Lisnamallard in Cappagh Civil Parish
- Lissan in Drumragh Civil Parish
- Mullaghmore in Drumragh Civil Parish
- Sedennan in Drumragh Civil Parish
- Strathroy or Straughroy in Cappagh Civil Parish
The Townlands of Cappagh Civil Parish
- The townlands in Cappagh Parish (An Cheapach) are those taken from Cappagh Parish on Logainm.ie and validated against townlands on Townlands.ie, PlacenamesNI.org where appropriate, Griffiths valuations data and the 1901 and 1911 censuses. A link is provided in the notes for the 1901 and 1911 census. Please note that these may not always work if the townland was not available on the census in question. The census site may also substitute a similar name so be prepared for unexpected results!
- If the townland has a category it will be linked in the table below. If there is no link and you need the category please contact David to get the category created or put in a request for the category to be created. Alternatively, if you feel condifent to do so, see Townland Category Information Boxes below for how to create them yourself.
- A list of external resources may be placed here
- Whilst care is taken to ensure links are not made to disreputable, phishing or other sites of doubtful integrity it is your responsibility to ensure that you are not going to such a site by clicking on one of the links below which may have been added after this page was created.
Townland Category Information Boxes
- For the full 'How to' on creating Irish location categories please read 'Creating Location Categories for Ireland'
- The pre-formatted line for each townland and the fully formatted CIB header can be seen below this page when in edit mode. Please ensure you have read the 'How to' before doing anything. Briefly, the pre-formatted line in the hidden text is used to replace the line above. The CIB text is pasted into the category which is created by clicking on the red category link.
- Information shown on this page may have been sourced from one or more of the following sources.
- Logainm.ie The Placenames Database of Ireland created by Fiontar & Scoil na Gaeilge in collaboration with The Placenames Branch (Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht).
- Placenamesni.org a UK Government website managed by the Information Unit of Land & Property Services (LPS) Agency, Department of Finance and Personnel (DFP)
- Griffiths Valuation AskAboutIreland.ie and the Cultural Heritage Project is an initiative of public libraries together with local museums and archives.
- Townlands.ie Irish Townlands derived from OpenStreetMap data under the Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL).
- Census of Ireland 1901/1911 and Census fragments and substitutes, 1821-51
- List of towns and villages in the Republic of Ireland and List of towns and villages in Northern Ireland
- General alphabetical index to townlands and towns, parishes and baronies of Ireland Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive