Location: County Tipperary, Ireland
Cappanakeady Townland has an area of 151.33 hectares / 0.58 square miles / 373 acres, 3 roods, 31 perches. It is bordered by the townlands of Ballynahinch, Greenhills, Kilmastulla, Lackenavea (Dunally) and Shanbally. It is not shown on the Down Survey map for the area.
1730 - Jonathan Short of Cappanakedy, son of James Short, and John Short of Kilmastulla, brother of Jonathan Short, to Darby McKeogh lands of Cappanakedy, part of Kilmastulla (ref to 1710 Wm Worth deed).
1732 - John Short of Kilmastulla and Elizabeth Short (ors Edwards) his wife to Derby McKeogh late of Cappanakedy mansion, houses, outhouses, stables, orchards and lands of Killmastulla for 31 years (but Edward Worth can fish fowl and hunt there). Ref to mills and river. Ref also to Mrs Susanna Short widow of James Short and to marle and turf in Cappanakedy. Witnesses inc Jonathan Short.
1737 - John Short of Kilmastulla to Arthur Carmody re Cappanakedy (ref to Wm Worth deed 1710 to James Short late of Castleroan deceased).
1750 John Short and James Short both of Kilmastulla, Tipp on one part and Jonathan Short son unto above John on the other – lands in Kilmastulla (Gortenavea and Mooneine) - in presence of Jonathan Short Snr of Cappekedy, Tipp and of James Short son of William Short, Castleroan and of Robert Pyke of Park, Tipp and of John Short of Gurteen, Tipp. Ref to 3/11/1710 deed Wm Worth to James Short late of Castleroan deceased. Witnesses Jonathan Short Snr of Cappenkedy, James Short son of William Short of Castleroan, Robert Pyke of Park. Mention also of John Short of Gurteen.
1750 - John Short, James Short son and heir of said John and Jonathan Short the younger also son of said John all of Boher part of Killmastulla on the one part and William Short of Castleroan on the other re Hon Wm Worth 1710 Deed (see above). Said James Short by deed 19th February 1720 (excluding Cappenkedy) to his said son John Short and Cappenkedy to said son Jonathan, said John, James and Jonathan to William all except Cappenkedy. Witnesses inc Robt Pike of Park and James Short of Castleroan son of William Short.
- ↑ https://www.townlands.ie/tipperary/owney-and-arra/kilmastulla/birdhill/cappanakeady/.
- ↑ http://downsurvey.tcd.ie/down-survey-maps.php#bm=Owny+and+Arra&c=Tipperary.
- ↑ Registry of Deeds 64 473 44672 dated 30/8/1730.
- ↑ Registry of Deeds 72 16 49489 dated 06/05/1732.
- ↑ Registry of Deeds 88 149 62014 dated 7/10/1737.
- ↑ Registry of Deeds 149 83 98944 dated 20/10/1750.
- ↑ Registry of Deeds 144 336 97740 dated 19/12/1750.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)