Welcome to the Carmarthenshire Team
The goal of this Team is to make all County profiles the best that they can be. It is our desire to leave a lasting legacy of work for future generations by sourcing, connecting and growing our County branches of the tree.
HYWEL DDA ("King Howell The Good")
|Dinefwr Castle near Llandeilo: Chief Seat of Hywel Dda
To achieve our goal, these are some of the things we can work on:
- Find Sources for Carmarthenshire profiles: Carmarthenshire unsourced profiles
- Grow our tree by creating profiles for family members of existing profiles and help to make more connections: Carmarthenshire suggestions - Needs Profiles Created
- Clean up Carmarthenshire profiles to help people identify their ancestors by working on Carmarthenshire suggestions
- Help us make connections by working on these: Carmarthenshire unconnected profiles
- Have a look at our Carmarthenshire_Notables. There are a large number that need profiles creating.
- Carmarthenshire profiles currently orphaned:Carmarthenshire orphans
- Carmarthenshire cemeteries Needs Local Cemeteries / Categories added - Consult: Steve Bartlett
- Carmarthenshire Maintenance Categories These categories are very useful for adding when you identify an issue with a profile but don't have time to deal with it immediately. They also make a great work lists if you have some time to spare to improve our profiles.
- Orphan Profiles with Missing country for birth
- Create profiles for people who have been recognised by a Commemorative Plaque
This is a link to the Wales Maintenance Categories which can be used to help find profiles that need some work.
Please add these to profiles if required so we can work on improving them.
If it was likely that the person was in Carmarthenshire at some point in their life use that category rather than just Wales.
One Place Studies
Consider creating a One Place Study for a building, village or town in Carmarthenshire. Here are those in progress;
- Llangadog One Place Study
- Pen-y-waun, Llangadog, Carmarthenshire One Place Study nesting inside the Llangadog OPS above.
Team Member Specific Interests
- Jutta: My interests in Carmarthenshire are mainly in the area in which I live between Llandeilo and Llandovery. I am currently working on a small One Place Study based on my own house. Llangadog, Carmarthenshire One Place Study.
- Anne: My main interest is the |Perrotts of Wales, in particular Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire. The family's ancient origins, together with the spread of its many branches to all quarters of the globe, provide a fascinating story spanning almost two millenia.
- Byron: Born in Llanelli Carmarthenshire in the 1950's, my main interests lie in my and my wife's roots and the history and industrialisation of Llanelli. I am very familiar with Llanelli and it's surroundings and the changes that have occurred over the last 60 years. I still visit frequently although I now live in Berkshire.
- Alun My geographic areas of interest are in the Llanddowror/Laugharne/StClears triangle in the SW of the county and the surnames there are Edwards and John. The Edwards may have to go back to Maenclochog in Pembrokeshire. The other area is Llangyndeyrn (Llangendeirne) down to the Gwendraeth Valley/Llannon area - where it's Jones and Peregrine (both start in Llangyndeyrn). Those two areas will take me back to the early 1800s. Also Meidrim is a village of interest.
- Wendy I love genealogy and have been seriously addicted for about 30 years now. I love to spread out the branches of the tree and find everyone there. My surname interests are Jones and Griffiths in the Llanegwad and Llanedi areas.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Hilary Gadsby, Wales Project WikiTree, and Jutta Beer. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)