The ship Carnatic made Numerous Voyages to the Australian Colonies and New Zealand in the 19th Century
Note: She was a vessel of 632 tons not to be confused with the Carnatic, a clipper ship of 871 tons, built at Sunderland by Pile in 1867, which also came to New Zealand in the 1870s
Voyages to the Australian Colonies and New Zealand include the following from the Passengers in History website:
From Plymouth on Monday, September 20, 1852 - arriving at Melbourne on Sunday, December 19, 1852. carrying 157 passengers.
From Plymouth on Friday, January 23, 1857 - arriving at Port Adelaide on Monday, April 27, 1857. Captain C.R. Suckling and William Campbell, surgeon-superintendent.
- CARNATIC from the Passengers in History website, an initiative of the South Australian Maritime Museum. first accessed online on the 21st of December, 2019 at: http://passengersinhistory.sa.gov.au/node/922385
- ship Carnatic, 632 tons, Captain C.R. Suckling, from Plymouth 24th January 1857, arrived at Port Adelaide, South Australia 28th April 1857. Transcribed and submitted to The Ships List by Robert Janmaat. at: http://www.theshipslist.com/ships/australia/carnatic1857.shtml
- 5/1857 - Carnatic from the State records of South Australia Passenger lists 1845 - 1940 database at: first accessed online on the 21st of December, 2019 at: https://archives.sa.gov.au/sites/default/files/documentstore/passengerlists/1857/GRG35_48_1_57-5_Carnatic.pdf
- SHIPPING INTELLIGENCE. from the South Australian Register (Adelaide, SA : 1839 - 1900) of Wednesday 29 April 1857, Page 2. first accessed online on the 21st of December, 2019 at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/49765092?
- THE CARNATIC. from the South Australian Register (Adelaide, SA : 1839 - 1900) of Wednesday 29 April 1857, Page 2. first accessed online on the 21st of December, 2019 at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/49765099?
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)