upload image

Carron Cemetery, Eunice, Louisiana

Privacy Level: Open (White)
Date: [unknown] [unknown]
Location: Eunice, Louisianamap
Profile manager: Jason Oubre private message [send private message]
This page has been accessed 184 times.

The 2.4-acre cemetery began as part of a Spanish Land grant to Frederic Miller, a German immigrant descendent who lived in the area in the mid-to-late 1770’s.

Martin Carron, owner of a 350-acre plantation and married to Elizabeth Chachere, donated an acre to Dr. T.C. Chachere to adjoin the existing 1.4-acre Moore graveyard, perhaps named for George Thomas Moore, who was married to Marie Anaise Chachere.

Over the years the cemetery came to be known as Carron Cemetery, named after Martin, a Confederate Civil War veteran.

There are five CSA veterans buried in the cemetery:

Sources





Collaboration
  • Login to edit this profile and add images.
  • Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
  • Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)


Comments

Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.