Surnames/tags: Castlemagner Cork Munster
|Ireland||Main Cork Page||Category for Castlemagner Parish||Civil Parishes in County Cork|
Part of the Ireland Project
- This information page for the Civil Parish contains a list of all the townlands in the parish and links to the category for the townland (if it has been created). There also may be notes about the individual townlands.
- This page is maintained by the County Cork team
Castlemagner Civil Parish
- Irish or Alternate Name: Caisleán an Mhaignéaraigh.
- Logainm Link: Castlemagner Parish on Logainm.ie
- Barony: Duhallow
- Province: Munster
Population Centres of Castlemagner Civil Parish
- Note: Population centres for this Parish are shown here. For a full list see Towns of County Cork
- Irish or Alternate Name: Ceann Toirc.
- Web page for Kanturk
- WikiTree Category: Category for Kanturk
- Map: Google Maps OpenStreetMap
- Kanturk is situated at the confluence of the Allua (Allow) and Dallow (Dalua) rivers. It is about 50 kilometres (31 miles) from Cork, Blarney and Limerick, and lies just north of the main N72 road, 15 km (9 miles) from Mallow and about 40 km (25 miles) from Killarney.
The Townlands of Castlemagner Civil Parish
- The townlands in Castlemagner Parish (Caisleán an Mhaignéaraigh) are those taken from Castlemagner Parish on Logainm.ie and validated against townlands on Townlands.ie, PlacenamesNI.org where appropriate, Griffiths valuations data and the 1901 and 1911 censuses. A link is provided in the notes for the 1901 and 1911 census. Please note that these may not always work if the townland was not available on the census in question. The census site may also substitute a similar name so be prepared for unexpected results!
- If the townland has a category it will be linked in the table below. If there is no link and you need the category please contact David to get the category created or put in a request for the category to be created. Alternatively, if you feel condifent to do so, see Townland Category Information Boxes below for how to create them yourself.
Townland Irish/Alternate name WikiTree Category Link Notes Assolas Áth Solas 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballintober Baile an Tobair 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballygiblin Baile Ghiblín Category:Ballygiblin Townland, Castlemagner Parish, County Cork 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballyhass An Baile Theas 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballymacmurragh Baile Mhic Mhurchú 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballynamona Baile na Móna 1901 Census, 1911 Census Bannagh An Bheannaigh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Baunoulagh Bán Abhlach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Bettyville Ros an Chreamha 1901 Census, 1911 Census Bluepool An Linn Ghorm 1901 Census, 1911 Census Castlelohort Demesne Caisleán an Lóthairt 1901 Census, 1911 Census Castlemagner Caisleán an Mhaignéaraigh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Cecilstown Baile an Bhriotaigh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Coolawaleen Cúil an Mháilín 1901 Census, 1911 Census Coolnahane Cúil an Átháin 1901 Census, 1911 Census Coolnamagh Cúil na mBeach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Garraunteefineen Garrán Tí Fínín 1901 Census, 1911 Census Glenlohane Gleann Locháin 1901 Census, 1911 Census Gneeves Na Gníomha 1901 Census, 1911 Census Gurteenbeha Goirtín Beathach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Kilgilky North An Choill Ghiolcaigh Thuaidh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Kilgilky South An Choill Ghiolcaigh Theas 1901 Census, 1911 Census Killavallig Cill an Bhealaigh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Kilpatrick Cill Phádraig 1901 Census, 1911 Census Kippagh Middle An Cheapach Láir 1901 Census, 1911 Census Kippagh North An Cheapach Thuaidh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Kippagh South An Cheapach Theas 1901 Census, 1911 Census Knockardsharriv An Cnoc Ard Searbh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Lisduggan North Lios Uí Dhúgáin Thuaidh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Lisduggan South Lios Uí Dhúgáin Theas 1901 Census, 1911 Census Lohort East An Lóthart Thoir 1901 Census, 1911 Census Lohort West An Lóthart Thiar 1901 Census, 1911 Census Pulleen An Poillín 1901 Census, 1911 Census Rathmaher Ráth Mhachaire 1901 Census, 1911 Census Two Gneeves Dhá Ghníomh 1901 Census, 1911 Census
- A list of external resources may be placed here
- Whilst care is taken to ensure links are not made to disreputable, phishing or other sites of doubtful integrity it is your responsibility to ensure that you are not going to such a site by clicking on one of the links below which may have been added after this page was created.
Townland Category Information Boxes
- For the full 'How to' on creating Irish location categories please read 'Creating Location Categories for Ireland'
- The pre-formatted line for each townland and the fully formatted CIB header can be seen below this page when in edit mode. Please ensure you have read the 'How to' before doing anything. Briefly, the pre-formatted line in the hidden text is used to replace the line above. The CIB text is pasted into the category which is created by clicking on the red category link.
- Information shown on this page may have been sourced from one or more of the following sources.
- Logainm.ie The Placenames Database of Ireland created by Fiontar & Scoil na Gaeilge in collaboration with The Placenames Branch (Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht).
- Placenamesni.org a UK Government website managed by the Information Unit of Land & Property Services (LPS) Agency, Department of Finance and Personnel (DFP)
- Griffiths Valuation AskAboutIreland.ie and the Cultural Heritage Project is an initiative of public libraries together with local museums and archives.
- Townlands.ie Irish Townlands derived from OpenStreetMap data under the Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL).
- Census of Ireland 1901/1911 and Census fragments and substitutes, 1821-51
- List of towns and villages in the Republic of Ireland and List of towns and villages in Northern Ireland
- General alphabetical index to townlands and towns, parishes and baronies of Ireland Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive