Surnames/tags: Toups One_name_studies
An invaluable resource for Toups Genealogy is a book written by Neil J. Toups titled The Toups Clan and how it All Began: A Detailed Four Hundred Year Genealogy of the Toups (Dubs) Family. The book is quite comprehensive and includes birth, baptism, marriage, and death records from the birth of Gaspard "Caspar" Dubs Toups in 1683 to the death of Beatrice Susan Toups in September of 1963. Some of the other prominent Acadian surnames included in the book are Babin, Baudoin Bergeron, Boudreaux, Champagne, Chauvin, Dominque, Duplantis, Eschete, Fournier, Hebert, LeBlanc, Ledete, Primeaux, Robichaux, Theriot, Thibodeaux, and many, many more. Also found in the book are Military service records, court proceedings, probates, wills, census data, etc. and the sources that the author used to create the entries. However, as amazing as this book is, it is still a book - not a family tree. The creation of profiles for all of the people in this book with their biographies and source data would be the best way to preserve the information contained therein.
- ↑ The Toups Clan and how it All Began: A Detailed Four Hundred Year Genealogy of the Toups (Dubs) Family; Compiled by Neil J. Toups; Publisher - Neilson Publishing Company, 1969. Personal copy of Shae Simpson
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)