Proposed Text for this Team Page
Welcome to the Irish Roots Categories Planning Team
This is part of the Irish Roots Categories Team which is part of Irish Roots Project
- Goal: To establish a project wide category structure and naming standard.
- Responsibilities:To plan any future category structures and hierarchies; To plan any future sub-project name formats.
- What we do:Plan a clearly laid out and defined structure and name format for Irish Roots Project categories. Collaborate on a Proposal to be presented by our Liaison to the Categorization Team so the approval process can begin.
- Categorization Process: Categorization Procedures
- Who should Join:
- At least one Irish Roots Project Leader
- The Irish Roots nominated Liaison
- The Team Leader for the Irish Roots Categories Team
- All Team Members of the Irish Roots Categories Team
- A representative from each of the remaining Irish Roots Project Teams
- How to join: Send your request to the Team Leader or Rich Devlin
- Members: Rich Devlin, , Amy Gilpin, Valerie Willis, Valerie Kerr, Jason Cottrell, David Loring, Steph Meredith, Peter Mulligan, Ray Hawkes
|Category Structure Review Team||Valerie Willis, Valerie Kerr, Jason Cottrell, David Loring, Thom Anderson, Steph Meredith, Peter Mulligan, Ray Hawkes, Sharon Centanne, Johanne Alexander|
|Category Name Standard Planning Team||Valerie Willis, Valerie Kerr, Jason Cottrell, David Loring, Thom Anderson, Steph Meredith, Peter Mulligan, Ray Hawkes, Johanne Alexander|
The results of these sub-team's review process will be brought back to the Planning Team as a whole for proposal development.
Some basic questions to be answered
1. Who should be on this Team. What type of person, Interests etc
2. What does this Team do? Why do we have it?
3. What are the proposed sub-groups and what do they do?
4. What other Projects or Teams does it interact with. Where and why? Responsibilities of each Project.
- Categorization - The Irish Roots Project should work with and along the same structure parameters as categorization and not create a separate hierarchy of categories. People working on Irish categories should also be VERY familiar with townlands in Ireland and how they fit into other units of land or administration.
- Global Cemeteries - Every profile in Irish Roots will end up eventually in a cemetery in either Ireland or elsewhere. There must be a close co-operation with the Global Cemeteries teams.
- Any Project that will require a connection to the Irish Roots category structure. For example: Canada, the United States, and Early Scandinavia
- Military and War Project - They created many of the Battles in Ireland Categories see Time Line Irish History - Devlin-670
5. What is the plan and goal? Short term - long term. When should it be implemented?
6. What's the priority of Forming this Team? 1-5 1 Must be done first. - 5 Can be done at a later time.
To Do List
- Submit Draft Proposal for Location Categories to the Categorization Project for Review and Comment.
- Prepare Draft Proposal for Location Categories - Complete April 25, 2019 Amy Gilpin
- Create a Current Irish Roots Category Hierarchy page for reference. Top Level Complete Amy Gilpin
- Create a Working Page for New Irish Roots Category Hierarchy Completed Amy Gilpin
- Draw up timeline for action required by Category Planning Team (Draft Ready for Review) Amy Gilpin
- Draft agenda for first meeting (Draft Ready for Review) Amy Gilpin
- Post call for Review Volunteers on G2G - Done April 3, 2019 Amy Gilpin
- Call First Meeting of Category Team - Done April 3, 2019 by Email Amy Gilpin
Category Planning Team Members
- Name - What you are working on - You can create another page to work on before bringing it to here
- Amy Gilpin - Adding active members to team list on spreadsheet and team page. Tracking discussion of categories through review process.
- Valerie Willis - Collecting documentation that already exists, updating links on documentation pages.
- David Loring - Creating working pages for location categories to be used after approval process is complete.