Surnames/tags: Cely pre-1500
William's precise relationship within the family is not known. He was probably a family dependent, since after he became free of the Staple he remained in position of factor, first to Richard senior, then George and finally Richard junior.
Apprentice at Calais under George Cely in 1478.
- 1480 May 22 Cely Letter: by Richard Cley senior to George Cely; 'Wyll Cely ys fore wyt hym' ['Thys same day youre broder Rychard Cely ys rede to Norlay for to se and caste a sorte of fell for me and anoder sorte of fell for you and Rychard Cely.]
- 1482 May 13 CelyLetter: by Richard Cley junior to George Cely; mentioned as having written a letter to Richard Cely junior
- 1482 Oct 17 Cely Letter: by Richard Cley junior to George Cely; Had transported a wall hanging from George Cely's chamber in Calais to his brother Richard Cely in London
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The Cely Letters 1472-1488, edited by Alison Hanham, Early English Text Society, 1975; Introduction - The Cely Family
- ↑ SC 1/53/42; The National Archives, Kew, London
- ↑ SC 1/53/119; The National Archives, Kew, London
- ↑ SC 1/53/153; The National Archives, Kew, London
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)