Location: Upper Kilmacud Road, Stillorgan, Blackrock, Co. Dublin, Ireland
Surnames/tags: Carmelite_Cemetery County Dublin
Project:Cemeteries of Ireland
This is a private cemetery, situated in the enclosure of the Carmelite nuns for the use of the resident community.
On November 19, 1881, seven Carmelite nuns left Roebuck Carmel to make a foundation in nearby Kilmacud. Like every Carmel, they established a cemetery in their grounds.
On July 6, 1900 the Cemetery, was consecrated by His Grace Dr. William Walsh, Bishop of Dublin.
With the exception of 2 lay women all the graves are of the sisters who belonged to the community.
The first of the seven foundresses to die was Sr. Mary Vincent (Eliza Murphy). She died in 1884 and was the first person to be buried in the cemetery.
The Cemetery is still in use and the most recent burial for took place on March 31, 2022 when Sr. Mary Kevin of the Immaculate Conception (Maev O'Higgins) was buried here.