History of Charleton Farm
In 1869 John Shepherd purchased 40 acres of freehold land for a farm from ------------ .
John and Mary named the farm "Charlton Farm" (It is likely that it was named after their home village in South Devon, England which they had left behind).
The farm was just to the south of the now Toowoomba Airport. Following the death of John and a few years later Mary, the farm was passed onto their youngest daughter Emma Sophia Shepherd. Emma had married a William Tomkinson in 18--. In the early 1900's the Tomkinsons had subdivided the farm into xx housing lots with an east west road (turning eastwards off the N-S running Greenwattle Drive) cutting the farm in two halves. This new road was named Tomkinson Street. It still exists today. The Tomkinson's sold off the subdivided farm and moved nearby. The farm lots were further subdivided in later years.
- ↑ Qld Certificate of Title
- Real Property Plans
- Historical Certificate of Titles
- Titles Office Documents
- Will of Mary Shepherd
- Google Earth
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)