Location: 230 W. Berry Street, Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
Cindy's Diner is one of the remaining Valentine Diners which were designed by Arthur Valentine in Wichita, Kansas after the Great Depression. The Valentine Diners were a portable restaurant that could be operated by one or two people. They were shipped all over the country.
The original owner of Cindy's Diner was Noah Clauss who purchased "Noah's Ark," for $6,000 in 1952. It was located at the northwest corner of Clinton and Jefferson Streets.
In 1960, the diner was sold and became "Paul's Diner."
In 1966 it was sold again and called "Marge's Diner." It closed in 1987.
In 1990 John and Cindy Scheele purchased the diner at auction, restored it and moved it to 830 S, Harrison Street. It reopened October 1 as Cindy's Diner.
In 1997 the original Murphy's Dime Store Donut Machine was added to the diner.
In 2014 Cindy's Diner was moved to 230 W. Berry St. to make room for the Ash Building.
In 2016, Angie Harter, longtime employee, purchased Cindy's Diner. The restaurant's motto remains "We can serve the whole world, 15 at a time."