Welcome to Clan MacLennan
|Clan MacLennan Team
- Clan Chief:
- Slogan/War Cry:
- Historic Seat:
- Plant badge:
- Pipe music:
- Gaelic name:
The focus of this team's work is to identify, improve and maintain profiles associated with the Lairds and Chiefs of Clan MacLennan together with members bearing the name MacLennan, the related families and those recognised as septs of Clan MacLennan.
Team To Do List
This list will be developed by the Team. If you are working on a specific task, please list it here:
- promoting the entries of those bearing the name MacLennan on Wikitree.
- ensuring entries appearing on Wikitree are as accurate as possible, correcting mistakes once spotted.
- encouraging interest in and study of Clan MacLennan
Other Names Associated with the Clan
Clan Research and Free Space Pages
Image Credits and Acknowledgements
Information below this line should be summarized and incorporated into this Team page. Detailed information should be moved to additional Clan pages.
Clan MacLennan, also known as Siol Ghillinnein, is a Highland Scottish clan which historically populated lands in the north-west of Scotland. The surname MacLennan in Scottish Gaelic is Mac Gille Fhinnein meaning the son of the follower of St Finnan.
Clan profile Clan chief: The current chief of the clan is Ruairidh Donald George MacLennan of MacLennan, Chief of the Name and Arms of MacLennan.
Chiefly arms: The current chief's coat of arms is blazoned: Or, a heart of Gules between two passion nails joined in base Sable, on a chief Azure a stag's head cabossed between two antique crowns, all of the First.
Chief's war cry: Druim nan deur, which translates from Scottish Gaelic as "the ridge of tears".
Clan member's crest badge: The crest badge suitable for clan members contains the chief's heraldic crest and motto.
The crest is: A demi-piper all Proper, garbed in the proper tartan of the Clan MacLennan.
The motto is: Dum spiro spero. The motto translates from Latin as "while i breathe i hope".
Clan badge: The plant badge of Clan MacLennan is furze.
Clan tartan: Clans MacLennan and Logan share the same tartan.
See Also: Clan History on Wikipedia 
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Amy Gilpin and Scotland Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)