Surnames/tags: Scottish_Clans Matheson
Welcome to Clan Matheson
|Clan Matheson Team|
|Team Members||Andrew Ross, Lori Smith, Bobbie Hall|
- Clan Chief:
- Slogan/War Cry:
- Historic Seat:
- Plant badge:
- Pipe music:
- Gaelic name:
The focus of this team's work is to identify, improve and maintain profiles associated with the Lairds and Chiefs of Clan Matheson together with members bearing the name Matheson, the related families and those recognised as septs of Clan Matheson.
Team To Do List
This list will be developed by the Team. If you are working on a specific task, please list it here:
- promoting the entries of those bearing the name Matheson on Wikitree.
- ensuring entries appearing on Wikitree are as accurate as possible, correcting mistakes once spotted.
- encouraging interest in and study of Clan Matheson
Other Names Associated with the Clan
Clan Research and Free Space Pages
Image Credits and Acknowledgements
Information below this line should be summarized and incorporated into this Team page. Detailed information should be moved to additional Clan pages.
Clan Chief: Sir Alexander Fergus Matheson, 8th Baronet. Clan Chief of Clan Matheson.
Crest: From a crown, a hand holding a scimitar.
- Motto: Fac et spera (Do and hope)
- Region: Highlands
- District: Lochalsh, Sutherland (Shiness)
- Plant badge: Broom
- Pipe music:
- Gaelic name: MacMhathain, has two meanings: Son of the Bear (Highland), or Son of Matthew (Lowland).
Bairnson, MacBirnie, MacBurnie, McBurnie, McBurney, MacMahon, MacMath, MacMathon, MacMhathain, Massey, Massie, Matheson, Mathewson, Mathie, Mathieson, Mathison, Mathyson, Matthews, Matthewson, Moannach
Names associated with the clan:
- Clan Donald
- Clan Mackenzie
- Clan Sutherland
- Clan MacRae
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)