Surnames/tags: Clomantagh Kilkenny Leinster
Profile manager: Ireland Project WikiTree [send private message]
This page has been accessed 27 times.
|Ireland Links||Main Kilkenny Page||Category for Clomantagh Parish||Civil Parishes in County Kilkenny|
Part of the Ireland Project
- This information page for the Civil Parish contains a list of all the townlands in the parish and links to the category for the townland (if it has been created). There also may be notes about the individual townlands.
- This page is maintained by the County Kilkenny team
Clomantagh Civil Parish
- Irish or Alternate Name: An Chloch Mhantach.
- Logainm Link: Clomantagh Parish on Logainm.ie
- Barony: Crannagh
- Province: Leinster
Population Centres of Clomantagh Civil Parish
- Note: Population centres for this Parish, where known, are shown here. For a full list see Towns of County Kilkenny
- Irish or Alternate Name: Baile na Lochán.
- Map: Google Maps OpenStreetMap
- Places Nearby: Click for list
The Townlands of Clomantagh Civil Parish
- The townlands in Clomantagh Parish (An Chloch Mhantach) are those taken from Clomantagh Parish on Logainm.ie and validated against townlands on the 1851, 1871 and 1901 Lists of Towns and Townlands and Griffiths valuations data. A link is provided in the notes for the 1901 and 1911 census. Please note that these may not always work if the townland was not available on the census in question. The census site may also substitute a similar name so be prepared for unexpected results!
- If the townland has a category it will be linked in the table below. If there is no link and you need the category please contact David to get the category created or put in a request for the category to be created. Alternatively, if you feel condifent to do so, see Townland Category Information Boxes below for how to create them yourself.
Townland Irish/Alternate name WikiTree Category Link Notes Balief Lower Baile Ífe Íochtarach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Balief Upper Baile Ífe Uachtarach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Barna An Bhearna 1901 Census, 1911 Census Clomantagh (Mount Garret) An Chloch Mhantach (Mount Garret) 1901 Census, 1911 Census Clomantagh Lower An Chloch Mhantach Íochtarach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Clomantagh Upper An Chloch Mhantach Uachtarach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Darbyshill Cnocán Diairmín 1901 Census, 1911 Census Forekill Fuarchoill 1901 Census, 1911 Census Kilrush Cill Rois 1901 Census, 1911 Census Newtown An Baile Nua 1901 Census, 1911 Census Woodsgift Baile na Lochán 1901 Census, 1911 Census
- A list of external resources for this parish may be placed here. More general souces for Kilkenny should be added to the main Kilkenny page.
- Whilst care is taken to ensure links are not made to disreputable, phishing or other sites of doubtful integrity it is your responsibility to ensure that you are not going to such a site by clicking on one of the links which may have been added after this page was created.
Townland Category Information Boxes
- For the full 'How to' on creating Irish location categories please read 'Creating Location Categories for Ireland'
- The pre-formatted line for each townland and the fully formatted CIB header can be seen below this page when in edit mode. Please ensure you have read the 'How to' before doing anything. Briefly, the pre-formatted line in the hidden text is used to replace the line above. The CIB text is pasted into the category which is created by clicking on the red category link.
- Parish format version 3.5. Addition of Places Nearby link where coordinates are known.
- Information shown on this page may have been sourced from one or more of the following sources.
- Logainm.ie The Placenames Database of Ireland created by Fiontar & Scoil na Gaeilge in collaboration with The Placenames Branch (Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht).
- Griffiths Valuation AskAboutIreland.ie and the Cultural Heritage Project is an initiative of public libraries together with local museums and archives.
- Townlands.ie Irish Townlands derived from OpenStreetMap data under the Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL).
- Census of Ireland 1901/1911 and Census fragments and substitutes, 1821-51
- List of towns and villages in the Republic of Ireland and List of towns and villages in Northern Ireland
- General alphabetical index to townlands and towns, parishes and baronies of Ireland Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.