Clover Hill Farm Cemetery, Manassas, Virginia

Privacy Level: Open (White)

Location: Manassas, Virginia, USAmap
Surnames/tags: cemeteries Virginia
Profile manager: Lynn Hemrick private message [send private message]
This page has been accessed 916 times.

This page is part of the Virginia Cemeteries Team.

See the Clover Hill Farm Cemetery for people buried in this cemetery.

Cemetery name: Clover Hill Farm Cemetery

Address: 9750 Wellington Rd, Manassas, Virginia 20110

GPS Coordinates: GPS Coordinates: 38.7377333,-77.47790000



This free space page for Clover Hill Farm is part of WikiTree's Virginia Cemeteries Project. It is being developed to document the life and times of our ancestors who are interred there. The Virginia Cemeteries is a subproject of the larger U.S. Cemeteries Project.

The cemetery is known by several different names. The gate through the stone wall surrounding the cemetery says Clover Hill Farm Cemetery, the Google Earth view of the church grounds names it Hamrick Cemetery and the representative of the church , Mr. Robert Thomas referred to it as the Johnson Cemetery.

This page is a work in progress and will remain so until all of the occupants of this cemetery are documented and linked to a WikiTree profile.


The cemetery is located on the grounds of Grace United Methodist Church in Manassas. The church is at 9750 Wellington Rd, Manassas, Virginia 20110. The cemetery is behind the parking lots which are on the corner of Wellington and Hendley Rd. The coordinates are 38.7377333,-77.47790000.

Clover Hill Farm Cemetery aka Hamrick Cemetery


Patrick Hamrick with his wife Margaret Ingles owned a large farm in King George County, Virginia. At a later date, the county was designated Manassas County. There was, of course, a family cemetery on the farm where the Hamrick family were buried. In 1770 this land was sold to Rutt Johnson who used the land for crops and fruit trees and later added livestock. This property became known as CLOVER HILL FARM prior to 1852. The cemetery was named Clover Hill Farm Cemetery and Johnson family members were also buried there.

The Civil War began and the Johnstons left their home. Their home and crops were burned by retreating Union soldiers. The stone weaving house and the slave quarters survived. The house was rebuilt, the orchards replanted and cows purchased. The farm prospered.

The Grace United Methodist Church was founded in 1867. By the beginning of the nineteenth century, Johnson had amassed landholdings totaling 1,323 acres. The original Hamrick tract was the central focus for the development of the farm. By the late 20th century the surrounding area had become developed. In 1987 the Johnsons, who owned and operated the last farm in the City of Manassas, donated 8 acres of land to Grace United Methodist Church which included the family cemetery and slave quarters that are preserved on their original sites. They sold the remaining land to a developer. The Johnson family provided a trust to support the maintnence of the cemetery.

The Clover Hill Farm Cemetery is still in the same physical location but is in an urban area. As can be seen from the location picture, it is no longer out on the farm. The Clover Hill Farm Cemetery holds a prominent position on a knoll just south of the main house foundation. There are several unmarked gravestones within the cemetery. The cemetery grounds are well maintained but can be considered an inactive cemetery.

According to the Findagrave website, there are 41 memorials for this cemetery. The majority of tombstones actually documented have Johnson and Dye surnames. There are eight with the surname of Hamrick listed on findagrave. However, a visit to the cemetery by Liz Shifflet on April 2019 confirms no tombstones bear the name Hamrick. There are remnants of stones with no engraving that could mark a Hemrick burial site.

There is, however, a large memorial erected in 1999 with the names of Patrick and Margaret Ingles Hamrick and on the back side, a list by name of their 6 male children and 3 daughters referred to as "dau". There is no physical evidence showing that Patrick Hamrick or any Hamrick is buried in that cemetery. Several of the Hamrick offspring died after the land was sold to Rutt Johnson.


  • Login to edit this profile and add images.
  • Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
  • Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)

Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.