- Died: 31 Jul 1929 in South Sudbury, Massachusetts, United States
- Obituary: Rev. Allen James Hall aged 89 years and 11 months died at his home in South Sudbury, Mass. Mr. hall was born in Pownal the eldst son of John Wilmarth Hall and Sophia Bosworth Mason. He grew to young manhood in this town and attended Oak Hill academy, then conducted as a private school. Completing available courses in this school he entered Cazenovia Seminary in Cazenovia, N.Y. After graduating from this seminary he attended the Theological College of the Methodist Church and Concord, N.H. and fitted for the ministry. Upon graduating from this institution he joined the New England Methodist Conference and was a member of it for over 45 years. His pastorates were all in Massachusetts, mostly in the eastern section. While serving the cause at Gleasondale he was instrumental in building a fine new church. Upon retiring from active ministry hesettled at Soth Sudbury which was within 20 miles of several former pastorates. He was alert, active and vigorous and for several years after retiring from active ministry was called upon by former parishioners for weddings, funerals and other special occasions.
- In 1869 he married miss Sarah Goodell of Hillsboro, N.H. who survives him. He also leaves a son Prof. Clifford Hall of South Sudbury, a daughter Mrs. William Greenlaw of Cambridge, one grandson Robert Hall of South Sudbury, one sister, Mrs. Elle Hall Norwood of Pownal and several nieces, nephews and cousins in Pownal, Williamstown and South Adams.
- John Wilmarth Hall
- James Hall
- Susanna Hoxey/Susanna Turner. Which is it
- The following are probably of this line of Halls : Jeremiah Hall
removed from Providence, R. I., to Exter, R. I., and had an only son James, b. May 17, 1764; m. about 179 1, Susanna Hovey, and removed in 1793, to Pownal, Vt., where he d. Jan. 20, 1838. Hehad a son Wanton, who had two sons :
- Wanton Hall's oldest named Thomas Hoxie Hall