Surnames/tags: Coleraine Londonderry Ulster
|Ireland||Main Londonderry Page||Category for Coleraine Parish||Civil Parishes in County Londonderry|
Part of the Ireland Project
- This information page for the Civil Parish contains a list of all the townlands in the parish and links to the category for the townland (if it has been created). There also may be notes about the individual townlands.
- This page is maintained by the County Londonderry team
Coleraine Civil Parish
- Irish or Alternate Name: Cúil Raithin.
- Logainm Link: Coleraine Parish on Logainm.ie
- PlacenamesNI Link: Coleraine Parish on PlacenamesNI.org
- Barony: North-East Liberties of Coleraine
- Province: Ulster
Population Centres of Coleraine Civil Parish
- Note: Population centres for this Parish are shown here. For a full list see Towns of County Londonderry
- Irish or Alternate Name: Cúil Raithin.
- WikiTree Category: Category for Coleraine
- Map: Google Maps OpenStreetMap
- The town of Coleraine which is mainly east of the Lower Bann in the townland of Coleraine and Suburbs and the civil parish of Coleraine. The portion of the town which is west of the river is divided between the townlands of Waterside and Churchland in the parish of Killowen.
- Coleraine was the original name of the county of Londonderry and has also given name to the baronies of Coleraine and North-East Liberties Of Coleraine
The Townlands of Coleraine Civil Parish
- The townlands in Coleraine Parish (Cúil Raithin) are those taken from Coleraine Parish on Logainm.ie and validated against townlands on Townlands.ie, PlacenamesNI.org where appropriate, Griffiths valuations data and the 1901 and 1911 censuses.
- If the townland has a category it will be linked in the table below. If there is no link and you need the category please (preferrably for Irish categories) contact David to get the category created or put in a request for the category to be created. Alternatively see Townland Category Information Boxes below for how to create them yourself.
Townland Irish/Alternate name WikiTree Category Link Notes Ballyartan Baile Artáin Ballyclaber Baile Clábair Ballysally Baile Sailí Category:Ballysally Townland, Coleraine Parish, County Londonderry Bellasses Blagh Lios na Bláiche Boghill Baile Buchaill Coleraine and Suburbs Cúil Raithin Category:Coleraine and Suburbs Townland, Coleraine Parish, County Londonderry This townland is recorded as being in Cumber Lower, where Logainm.ie still places it, until about 1860 when in 1861 it was in Learmount Civil Parish according to Griffiths and PlacenamesNI. Cross Glebe Cros Danes' Hill Drumadragh Dundooan Dún Uí Dhamháin Gateside Harpur's-hill Island Heaghey Inis Eachaidh Knockantern Knock an Táirnighe Lodge Loguestown Loughan Hill Lochán Millburn Sruth an Mhuilinn Mount Sandel Cill Santail Spittle Hill Spidéal Tullans Tulán Watt's Town Windy Hall Cúil na Gaoithe
- A list of external resources may be placed here
- Whilst care is taken to ensure links are not made to disreputable, phishing or other sites of doubtful integrity it is your responsibility to ensure that you are not going to such a site by clicking on one of the links below which may have been added after this page was created.
Townland Category Information Boxes
- For a 'How to' on creating Irish location categories please read 'Creating Location Categories for Ireland'
- CIB files for each townland that does not yet have a category on WikiTree can be found in this Google Drive folder. The line for each townland can be seen below this page when in edit mode.
- Information shown on this page may have been sourced from one or more of the following sources.
- Logainm.ie The Placenames Database of Ireland created by Fiontar & Scoil na Gaeilge in collaboration with The Placenames Branch (Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht).
- Placenamesni.org a UK Government website managed by the Information Unit of Land & Property Services (LPS) Agency, Department of Finance and Personnel (DFP)
- Griffiths Valuation AskAboutIreland.ie and the Cultural Heritage Project is an initiative of public libraries together with local museums and archives.
- Townlands.ie Irish Townlands derived from OpenStreetMap data under the Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL).
- Census of Ireland 1901/1911 and Census fragments and substitutes, 1821-51
- List of towns and villages in the Republic of Ireland and List of towns and villages in Northern Ireland