Comté de Nice (1388 to 1860)The goal of this project is to explore the ancestry and culture of individuals from the historic County of Nice (Comté de Nice) between 1388 and 1860, when it was annexed by France. Prior to its annexation, the Comté de Nice was tied to that of Italian Piedmont-Sardinia. Its historical capital city is Nice.
Right now this unofficial project just has one member, me. I am Duane Poncy.
Here are some of the tasks that I think need to be done. I'll be working on them, and could use your help.
- developing more thorough guidelines for this project,
- identifying resources for research,
- historical research and development of freespace pages,
- adding new individuals who lived here in this period of time,
- making sure that place names are historically accurate for ancestors who were Niçards,
- adding subcategories of communes that existed in the Comté -there are about 100 of them, so this may be a very gradual process,
- translating this page into French.
This project could also use the help of some French speakers who can add information in French.