Wiki Genealogist Congeniality Code
WikiTree is free, but it's not a free-for-all. Our community is collaborating to create something special: an accurate single family tree that's free and open to the world. This grand project requires mutual congeniality and a proper etiquette so that our community can work together.
Our Congeniality Code
- We are congenial. When we share ancestors we work together in a pleasant, fun-loving atmosphere on the same ancestor profiles.
- We care about accuracy. We're always aiming to improve upon our worldwide family tree and fix mistakes. When we see mistakes, we try to point out how to fix them, not belittle those who make them.
- We know mistakes are inevitable. We don't want to become angry and swear when we make them or if something is not how we expect. We assume that mistakes are unintentional when others make them and ask for the same understanding.
- We know misunderstandings are inevitable. We try to minimize them by being courteous to everyone, even those who don't act accordingly.
- We give thanks. Because the Greeters are the first point of contact for every new member and because the Greeters work hard to welcome everyone to Wikitree, it is important to thank each and every Greeter.