Surnames/tags: Cooperstown Founder Judge_William_C_Cooper
The goal of this project is to verify that the lines I have discovered are true and that Judge William C. Cooper is one of my direct descendants. He is the founder of Cooperstown and his son is James Fenimore Cooper, the famous author of The Last of the Mohicans and other works.
Right now this project just has one member, me. I am Katy Schuettler.
Here are some of the tasks that I think need to be done. I'll be working on them, and could use your help.
- I need to find some more concrete sources that link me to that family. I have followed a breadcrumb trail so far but I am not sure of some links past a certain point in the family tree.
- After Enos Cooper and Elizabeth Eby / Ebie / Ebbie (several spellings exist it gets harder to connect for sure but I have come at least to a good feeling that the rest is correct but am not entirely sure.
- Hoping to make some absolute definite connections the rest of the way.
Will you join me? Please post a comment here on this page, in G2G using the project tag, or send me a private message. Thanks!
This is the link to my family tree on My Heritage.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)