Surnames/tags: Coulter Colter
How to Participate
- Please contact the Study's coordinator or post a comment to the right. Questions are welcome.
- This is a One Name Study to collect together in one place everything about one surname and the variants of that name. The hope is that other Coulter/Colter researchers will join this study to help make it a valuable reference point for people studying lines that cross or intersect.
- Various sources, including Wikipedia, cite the origin of the Coulter surname as Scotland (and sometimes Ireland). The name is found in every area of the United Kingdom and Ireland, as well as locations colonized by England, including the United States, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand, and Australia. One purpose of this study is to trace this geographic migration.
- Alice (Thomsen) Stephens Coulter/maternal side
- In the near future, this page will include notable Coulter/Colters; links to DNA studies on the Coulter surname; and additional resources.
Coulter and Colter profiles which need attention:
|Unsourced Coulter Profiles
|Unsourced Colter Profiles
|Orphaned Coulter Profiles
|Orphaned Colter Profiles
|Unconnected Coulter Profiles
|Unconnected Colter Profiles