Surnames/tags: Cumber_Upper Londonderry Ulster
|Ireland||Main Londonderry Page||Category for Cumber Upper Parish||Civil Parishes in County Londonderry|
Part of the Ireland Project
- This information page for the Civil Parish contains a list of all the townlands in the parish and links to the category for the townland (if it has been created). There also may be notes about the individual townlands.
- This page is maintained by the County Londonderry team
Cumber Upper Civil Parish
- Irish or Alternate Name: An Comar Uachtarach.
- Logainm Link: Cumber Upper Parish on Logainm.ie
- PlacenamesNI Link: Cumber Upper Parish on PlacenamesNI.org
- Barony: Tirkeeran
- Province: Ulster
Population Centres of Cumber Upper Civil Parish
- Note: Population centres for this Parish are shown here. For a full list see Towns of County Londonderry
The Townlands of Cumber Upper Civil Parish
- The townlands in Cumber Upper Parish (An Comar Uachtarach) are those taken from Cumber Upper Parish on Logainm.ie and validated against townlands on Townlands.ie, PlacenamesNI.org where appropriate, Griffiths valuations data and the 1901 and 1911 censuses.
- If the townland has a category it will be linked in the table below. If there is no link and you need the category please (preferrably for Irish categories) contact David to get the category created or put in a request for the category to be created. Alternatively see Townland Category Information Boxes below for how to create them yourself.
Townland Irish/Alternate name WikiTree Category Link Notes Alla Lower Aill Alla Upper Aill Altaghoney Alt an Chonnaidh Ballyartan Ballycallaghan Baile Uí Cheallacháin Ballyholly Baile Salach Ballymaclanigan Baile Mhic Leanacháin Barr Cregg Barr In 1827 the townland was referred to as Bar of Cregg, i.e. top of Cregg. (See the PlacenamesNI entry) The logainm.ie Cregg Barr or 'Creg top of' is not logical. Barr Cregg is also used in Griffiths. Binn Binn Claudy Clóidigh Coolnacolpagh Cúil na gColpaí Cregg Creag Cumber An Comar Dunady Dún Éadaigh Dungorkin Dún gCorcáin Gilky Hill Giolcaigh Glenlough Cluain Locha Gortilea Gort an Lao Gortnaran Gort na Raithin Gortnaskey Gort na Sceach Kilcaltan Cill Catán Kilculmagrandal Coill Cúil Mhic Ragnaill Killycor Coillte Corr Kinculbrack Ceann Cúil Breac Letterlogher Lettermuck Leitir Muc Ling Loing Lisbunny Lios Buinní Mulderg Mullach Dearg Raspberry Hill Sallowilly Tullintrain Tulaigh an Tréin
- A list of external resources may be placed here
- Whilst care is taken to ensure links are not made to disreputable, phishing or other sites of doubtful integrity it is your responsibility to ensure that you are not going to such a site by clicking on one of the links below which may have been added after this page was created.
Townland Category Information Boxes
- For a 'How to' on creating Irish location categories please read 'Creating Location Categories for Ireland'
- CIB files for each townland that does not yet have a category on WikiTree can be found in this Google Drive folder. The line for each townland can be seen below this page when in edit mode.
- Information shown on this page may have been sourced from one or more of the following sources.
- Logainm.ie The Placenames Database of Ireland created by Fiontar & Scoil na Gaeilge in collaboration with The Placenames Branch (Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht).
- Placenamesni.org a UK Government website managed by the Information Unit of Land & Property Services (LPS) Agency, Department of Finance and Personnel (DFP)
- Griffiths Valuation AskAboutIreland.ie and the Cultural Heritage Project is an initiative of public libraries together with local museums and archives.
- Townlands.ie Irish Townlands derived from OpenStreetMap data under the Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL).
- Census of Ireland 1901/1911 and Census fragments and substitutes, 1821-51
- List of towns and villages in the Republic of Ireland and List of towns and villages in Northern Ireland