Surnames/tags: CUMBRIA CUMBERLAND WESTMORLAND
Welcome to the Cumbria, Cumberland and Westmorland Team page!
Team Leader: Anon Cormack
The goal of the Cumbria, Cumberland and Westmorland Team is to make all Cumbria, Cumberland and Westmorland profiles the best that they can be. It is our desire to leave a lasting legacy of work for future generations by sourcing, connecting and growing our County branches of the tree.
For the latest statistics, please see:
In order to achieve our goal, there are a number of things we are currently working on:
- Cumbria, Cumberland and Westmorland Profiles managed by the England Project
- Cumbria, Cumberland and Westmorland notables
- Cumberland maintenance category
- Westmorland maintenance category
What to do
We handle the responsibility of improving the profiles of people from Cumbria, Cumberland and Westmorland along with several other tasks, which include:
- Oversight of the Cumbria and the Westmorland Category Page's to ensure that our information is up to date and is consistent with the other England county pages.
- This also includes the revision of our categories, adding correct categories and deleting incorrect or unnecessary categories as needed.
- Monitoring the Cumbria and the Westmorland Category Page's to ensure that all profiles are placed into the most accurate sub-category possible and not into any of the parent categories.
- Continual updating of the templates on Cumbria, Cumberland and Westmorland profiles such as "Unsourced" and "Estimated Date".
- Focusing on the improvement of Cumbria, Cumberland and Westmorland profiles including sourcing, connecting, merging duplicates, correcting database errors, and writing biographies.
- Creating profiles for prominent or notable Cumbria, Cumberland and Westmorland-based individuals and connecting them to our global trees.
- Researching and updating profiles on WikiTree which are relevant to prominent Cumbria, Cumberland and Westmorland families.
Communication and Collaboration
If you want to work together, go for it, amazing profiles can be sourced and written as a team! You can communicate with everyone by posting to this page, joining us on discord, through the Google groups: England Project, or by messaging individual members.
Keep in mind that we will largely be working on profiles that are managed by other people—always endeavour to discuss any major changes you may wish to make to a profile with the profile manager/s involved.
Team Member Specific Interests and what we're currently working on
|Team Member||Interests||Currently working on|
Stapleton Parish, Little ONS, Y-DNA & mtDNA
Scotland, Dumfriesshire and Cumberland Littles
Sources, particularly early ones
Sourcing unsourced profiles particularly for Westmorland
Machell One Name Study,
Creation of profiles for the Machell One Name Study unsourced profiles, profile improvements, and completing the England Orphan Trail
Team Challenges We have one Challenge team connected to the England Project. Members of the England Counties teams are encouraged to join as a member of The Mighty Oaks and participate from time to time in WikiTree challenges for England.
WikiTree Help Resources
- Categorization Help
- Research Note Box Help
- Sources Help
- Free Space Pages for Sources
- Editing Tips
- Adding Links
- Sources Style Guide
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)