Location: Queensland, Australia
Surnames/tags: Queensland Cyclone
This is a page to contain references to an unnamed cyclone which struck the towns of Port Douglas and Mossman in March 1911. An unnamed cyclone also struck the S.S. Yongala during the night of the 23rd of March 1911, thus sinking the ship near Ayr.
- An unnamed cyclone struck the towns of Port Douglas and Mossman on the 16th of March 1911.
- The unnamed cyclone then travelled across the peninsular.
- An unnamed cyclone also struck the S.S. Yongala during the night of the 23rd of March 1911, thus sinking the ship near Ayr.
- Matthew Rooney was on board with his wife and daughter.
- Could this cyclone have doubled back across the peninsular after hitting Mossman on the 16th.??
- Clement "Inclement" Wragg
- Melton Hill, Wall, Supreme Court, Townsville, wikipedia
- Cyclone Sigma, 1896, North Queensland, wikipedia
- Cyclone Leonta, 1903, North Queensland, wikpedia
- Queensland Cyclones. 2020. Windworker.Com.Au. Accessed January 4 2020. Windworker list of Cyclones
- Hardenup, Douglas, 1911
- Douglas, 1911
- The unnamed Yongala Cyclone, 2020. Hardenup.Org. Accessed January 2 2020. Cyclone, 1911
- 1911 Cyclone Blog
- Harden Up for Cyclone Track Image.