Surnames/tags: Wales connect_a_thon
Wales Project | Cymru Dragons
Welcome to the team page for the Cymru Dragons! The Cymru Dragons are a non-competitive team that participate in all of WikiTree's thons, focusing on Welsh profiles.
Team Captain: Olivia McCabe
The Cymru Dragons are participating in the 2020 Connect-a-Thon.
It starts Friday morning at 8:00 AM EDT (GMT -4), July 17, 2020.
The event runs until Monday at 8:00 AM EDT, July 20, 2020.
Registration is now closed for the Spring Connect-a-Thon.
The goal is quality – not quantity.
The Challenge: Connecting can be difficult and time consuming and we know that it can be a tough job. Any help you can give to connect our unconnected profiles is appreciated.
The Cymru Dragons will concentrate on profiles in Wales. A list of the profiles is found at Unconnected List for Wales. The list has 2 groups:
- Unconnected – these profile may be connected to family members but at some level they are not connected to the WikiTree global tree.
- Unlinked – these profiles are not connected to another profile
Note: Many of the profiles are uncleaned GEDCOM import profiles.
Hints for Using the Wales List:
- you can work on surname family tree by size of profiles – click on the arrow box beside the title Tree Size
- you can work on a particular surname – click on the double arrow box beside the heading Trees to sort surnames alphabetically. Choosing an uncommon surname may reduce number of profiles that might be related
- you can work on a time period – click on one of the links under the date ranges
Where To Start
- Pick a profile from the list of unconnected or unlinked (the profile does not have a box at the bottom of the page, showing the degrees of separation from King Henry (Tudor) of England and has a puzzle piece icon which can be seen at the top of a profile page next to the name).
- Add profiles for first degree relatives (parent, spouse, sibling, or child) to that profile, new or existing. Continue in this manner until you connect to an existing WikiTree profile.
- Add a source to the profiles involved in the connection showing the relationship between the two profiles. Please be sure your source is cited in accordance with the style recommended on our Sources help page. More than one source per profile is recommended.
How to Guide
This page provides an example of how one profile was connected to its family tree – Wales Connectors Team How-to
Hints for Using WikiTree+
- you can choose to work on a specific county –
- in the Suggestions box, key in "8" and scroll down to select "811 Uncleaned profile after merge"
- in the Text box key in the county name, Wales
- click on Find Suggestions