Location: United States
Surnames/tags: Hart DAR
United States Daughters of American Revolution
- Name: Miss Lucie Thomas Hart 
- DAR: Number 103717 
- Born: Winchester, Kentucky 
- Descendant of Josiah Hart and of Josiah Ashley as follows: 
- Henry Clay Hart (1837-1911) m. 1879 Laura Bratton (b 1847) 
- Thomas Hart (1795-1864) m. 1824 Lucy Ashley (1807-1879) 
- Josiah Hart m. 1792 Judith Tanner (1772-1823); Josiah Ashley m Elizabeth Hill (1785-1804) (first wife)
- Thomas Ashley (1752-1826) m. Mary Hart (first wife)
- Thomas Ashley (1752-1826) received a pension for three years' service as private, Virginia Line; enlisted from Botetourt County, 1776. He died in Bath County, Kentucky.
- Conflict of information about Josiah Ashley
- See DAR application Number 139770, applicant: Mrs. Beulah Hart Cohen
- Believe the conflict to be: Josiah Ashley was the son of Thomas Ashley, Thomas Ashley married Mary Hart and Thomas Ashley was obviously left out of the record of Miss Lucie Thomas Hart when published in the lineage book. The information at the DAR site displays the correct information.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 "Miss Lucie T Hart". North America Family Histories. Number 103717. Ancestor: Josiah Hart and Josiah Ashley. National Society Daughters of American Revolution (NSDAR). Lineage Book. Volume 104. Page 218. Application year: 1913. ancestry.com. Subscription required. (Accessed 11 Sep 2017)
- See Also
- Daughters of the American Revolution, DAR Genealogical Research Databases, database online, (http://www.dar.org/ : accessed 14 Sep 2017), "Record of Josiah Hart", Ancestor # A051636.
- Daughters of the American Revolution, DAR Genealogical Research Databases, database online, (http://www.dar.org/ : accessed 14 Sep 2017), "Record of Thomas Ashley", Ancestor # A003489.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)