Surnames/tags: data_doctors db_error_103
Description of Error - 103: Death before birth
The death date is before the birth date. This error is checked only on profiles with both birth and death dates entered.
Content of info column: Empty.
VideoSuggestion 103 Death before birth
Topic Video: The Dates of Mr E
- The most common cause is a typo in the birth date and/or the death date.
- Poor guess of unknown birth date and/or death date.
- The birth and death date are put in the reverse fields.
Correct this error by:
- Correcting any typos based on information found in the profile. If no information is found then...
- Research to find a source which will determine the correct birth and death dates. If no sources are found then...
- Replace date(s) with a reasonable guess based on a date of birth, death or marriage or the birth date(s) of family members. Mark the date(s) as "Uncertain." Leave a note in the profile stating that the date is an estimate and what you used as a comparison for estimation.
- If the profile has no sources and no relatives and no reasonable guess can be made, delete the single date which is clearly incorrect (rarely needed). Add a note in the profile regarding what was in the date field and why it was removed.
For each Error you can set status. You can set it as Corrected, Not corrected, False Error, Proposed merge or just add a Comment.
If there are related errors for the profile, you will also see them on status page.
Full description is available on Status Help Page.
Questions and Discussions on this Error
You can read what other people have asked here db_error_103.
You can also share your best practices, experiences, problems about the Error by posting a question in G2G. If you create a new G2G discussion for this Error, add tag data_doctors and db_error_103.
The year of birth must not be after the year of death. Dates in private profiles ares available for validation only in decade format, i.e. date 2017-01-01 is decade 2010. In this case the decade of birth must not be after the decade of death.
Suggestion reportsYou can see the weekly prepared list of the latest suggestions prepared on February 25th 2024. You can also get the online report on WikiTree+.
- This page is part of the Data Doctors Project.
- Latest report: February 25th 2024.
- Data Doctors Challenge: Orphaned_Profiles_XLIV and .
- Custom reports by: Suggestion lists, Unsourced lists, Unconnected lists.
- See for custom reports and statistics and our Video Collection.
- Latest ProjectBox Report: Project Report
- Latest Categories Report: Categories Suggestions Report
- Do we really want people removing all dates? May 6, 2017.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Aleš Trtnik, Janet Wild, and Data Doctors Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)