Surnames/tags: data_doctors db_error_104
Categories: DD Suggestions Help.
Description of Error - 104: Too old
The Person is too old at death. At the moment, the maximum age is set to 110 years and will be lowered as current errors are corrected. This error is checked on all profiles with both birth and death dates recorded.
Content of info column: Empty.
- The most common cause is a typo in the birth date and/or death date.
- Poor guess of unknown birth date and/or death date.
- The person is documented to have lived past 110 years and the profile is missing the template for Category:Supercentenarians (see below)
Edit the Birth and/or Death date(s) by:
- Correcting any typos based on information found in the profile. If no information is found then...
- Research to find a source which will determine the correct birth and death dates. If no sources are found then...
- Replace date(s) with a reasonable guess based on a date of birth, death or marriage or the birth date(s) of family members. Mark the date(s) as "Uncertain." Leave a note in the profile stating that the date is an estimate and what you used as a comparison for estimation.
- If the profile has no sources and no relatives and no reasonable guess can be made, delete the single date which is clearly incorrect (rarely needed). Add a note in the profile regarding what was in the date field and why it was removed.
- If the age is actually over 110 years add the Category:Supercentenarians to the profile. You can do that by adding the following text above the biography heading of the profile: [[Category:Supercentenarians]]
For each Error you can set status. You can set it as Corrected, Not corrected, False Error, Proposed merge or just add a Comment.
If there are related errors for the profile, you will also see them on status page.
Full description is available on Status Help Page.
Questions and Discussions on this Error
You can read what other people have asked here db_error_104.
You can also share your best practices, experiences, problems about this Error by posting a questions in G2G. If you create a new G2G discussion for this Error add tag data_doctors and db_error_104.
The difference in years between death date and birth date must be less than 110. Dates in private profiles are available for validation only in decade format, i.e. date 2017-01-01 is decade 2010. In this case the difference in decades between decade of death and decade of birth must be less than 11. To get the the filling of age distribution check Statistics.
- This page is part of the Data Doctors Project.
- Latest report: February 17th 2019 and the Spreadsheet.
- Custom reports by: Suggestion lists, Unsourced lists, Unconnected lists.
- See WikiTree+ for custom reports and statistics.
- Data Doctors Challenge: Names_VIII .
- Category suggestion report: Latest report
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Robin Rainford, Aleš Trtnik, Janet Wild, Sheryl Moore, Karen Hoy, and John Morgan. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)