Surnames/tags: data_doctors db_error_105
Categories: DD Suggestions Help.
Description of Error - 105: Duplicate sibling
A profile exists with the same full name, birth and death dates and both parents as this one. These two profiles are probably duplicates and need to be merged. An exception to this is stillborn unnamed twins.
Content of info column: Compare link. Click on this link to compare both profiles in question, side by side, for differences.
- The creation of a profile for the same person again by GEDCOM import or accidentally by one user.
- The creation of a profile for the same person again accidentally by different users.
- Unnamed Twins.
To correct this error:
- In the case of stillborn unnamed twins set the status as a False Error.
- Review all information for both profiles including dates and places. Make sure they are the same.
- Propose a merge for the listed profiles. Then set the status from the error report page as "Proposed Merge." This is only done once for both profiles.
- If based on the profile information and/or sources you find the two profiles do not represent the same person, mark the status as a False Error with a comment as to why.
- From the status page, click the Compare function from the info column in order to compare all relatives. Look for any other duplicate siblings in need of merging. If others are found. Propose those merges as well.
- NOTE: Propose the merge of the profiles in the direction of the one with the lowest WikiTree ID. Consult the help pages on merging for more information.
For each Error you can set status. You can set it as Corrected, Not corrected, False Error, Proposed merge or just add a Comment.
If there are related errors for the profile, you will also see them on status page.
Full description is available on Status Help Page.
Questions and Discussions on this Error
You can read what other people have asked here db_error_105.
You can also share your best practices, experiences, problems about this Error by posting a questions in G2G. If you create a new G2G discussion for this Error add tag data_doctors and db_error_105.
This error is checked only for public and open profiles with both parents defined. On private profiles, date precision is insufficient and would create a lot of false errors. A profile must be unique in the combination of full name, birth and death date and both parents.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Robin Rainford, John Morgan, Janet Wild, Aleš Trtnik, Karen Hoy, and Sheryl Moore. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)