Surnames/tags: data_doctors db_error_109
Description of Warning - 109: Profile should be open (birth date)
This profile does not have the privacy level set to "Open," but should have since the birth date is more than 150 years ago. See Open Privacy Information.
Content of info column: Empty
VideoSuggestion 109 Profile should be open (birth date)
- The privacy level was Intentionally or mistakenly set by the profile manager.
- Privacy is no longer valid since the birth date crossed the 150 years limit.
- Typo in the birth date.
- Correct the birth date if necessary (if you are the profile manager).
- Set the privacy level to "Open" if the birth date is more than 150 years ago. (if you are the profile manager) How to change privacy?
- If you are not the profile manager and the profile is not orphaned:
- If the profile manager is active, leave a message on the profile for the manager requesting the profile to be opened and the reason why. If you are unable to post a message due to a higher level of privacy, send a private message. For actively managed profiles, set the status for the profile as "Not Corrected" and add a comment that a message was sent to the PM.
- If the profile manager is not active or does not respond to your message you should use the Open profile request. This is found from the profile's Wiki-ID tab at the top of the screen. Scroll down to Open Profile Request. This will take you to another page where you should fill in the information that explains why this profile should be opened. Be as specific as possible to help the WikiTree team respond more quickly to your request. You will receive an email when the profile is open in order to correct any other errors.
- For profiles with the highest privacy settings such as red, the Open Profile Request link will be at the bottom of the box in the middle of the profile's page. This box has an orange border
Note: for correcting a birth date that is pre-1500 you must have the pre-1500 certification. If you don't have that apply or ask on G2G if a certified member can perform the correction for you. When requesting for help on G2G, please include the Wiki-ID of the profile as well as the correct birth date as it should appear on the profile.
For each Warning you can set status. You can set it as Corrected, Not corrected, False Warning, Proposed merge or just add a Comment.
If there are related errors for the profile, you will also see them on status page.
Full description is available on Status Help Page.
Questions and Discussions on this Warning
You can read what other people have asked here db_error_109.
You can also share your best practices, experiences, problems about this Warning by posting a questions in G2G. If you create a new G2G discussion for this Warning add tag data_doctors and db_error_109.
Technical StuffThe privacy level must be "Open" on a profile with a birth date that is more than 150 years ago compared to the date of the database dump.
- This page is part of the Data Doctors Project.
- Latest report: May 31st 2020 and the Spreadsheet.
- Data Doctors Challenge: Names_XIV and .
- Custom reports by: Suggestion lists, Unsourced lists, Unconnected lists.
- See for custom reports and statistics and our Video Collection.
- Latest ProjectBox Report: Project Report
- Latest Categories Report: Categories Suggestions Report
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Aleš Trtnik, Karen Hoy, Sheryl Moore, Janet Wild, and Data Doctors Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)