Surnames/tags: data_doctors db_error_213 DNA
Description of Error - 213: Missing fathers DNA confirmation
Father is marked "confirmed with DNA", but the words "paternal" and "confirmed" do not appear in the biography.
- These errors are overseen by the DNA Project. To help add references for DNA to the profile, please see: DNA Confirmation Citation Maker app.
Content of info column: Empty.
- There is no statement on the profile explaining how DNA was used to confirm the relationship.
- There is a confirmation statement on the profile, but it’s not in the expected format.
- In each of these situations, change the paternal status from ‘confirmed with DNA’ to ‘confident’:
- No DNA tests are displayed in the ‘DNA tested’ section on the right side of the profile.
- Only one DNA test is displayed in the 'DNA tested’ section.
- No children are displayed and the profiled person didn’t take a DNA test.
- If there is a non-standard confirmation statement:
- If the statements does not provide enough information, Private Message the PM information including these instructions Help:DNA_Confirmation and ask the PM to add a confirmation statement in the correct format. Offer assistance if needed.
- If there are two or more tests displayed, and they may or may not support the paternal relationship, leave this message on the profile:
- Please add a statement to this profile explaining how you used DNA to confirm his/her relationship to his/her parents. See this page for how to do that: Help:DNA_Confirmation. (Offer assistance if needed if the PM is active. If no statement is provided with enough information to mark the relationship confirmed with DNA--suggest a change to ‘confident’.)
For each Error you can set status. You can set it as Corrected, Not corrected, False Error, Proposed merge or just add a Comment.
If there are related errors for the profile, you will also see them on status page.
Full description is available on Status Help Page.
Questions and Discussions on this Error
You can read what other people have asked here db_error_213.
You can also share your best practices, experiences, problems about the Error by posting a question in G2G. If you create a new G2G discussion for this Error, add tag data_doctors and db_error_213.
Checked on all profiles with father relation set as DNA confirmed. it checks in bio if text Confirmed and Paternal appears in the biography.
Suggestion reportsYou can see the weekly prepared list of the latest suggestions prepared on December 3rd 2023. You can also get the online report on WikiTree+.
- This page is part of the Data Doctors Project.
- Latest report: December 3rd 2023.
- Data Doctors Challenge: 5_Star_Profiles_XXXI and .
- Custom reports by: Suggestion lists, Unsourced lists, Unconnected lists.
- See for custom reports and statistics and our Video Collection.
- Latest ProjectBox Report: Project Report
- Latest Categories Report: Categories Suggestions Report
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Aleš Trtnik, Sheryl Moore, Janet Wild, and Data Doctors Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)