Surnames/tags: data_doctors db_error_404
Categories: DD Suggestions Help.
Description of Error - 404: Marriage before birth
This person was married before birth or was too young. Most likely the birth date or the marriage date is wrong.
Content of info column: Empty.
- The most common cause is a typo in the birth date and/or the marriage date.
- Poor guess of the birth date and/or the marriage date.
Correct this error by:
- Correcting any typos based on information found in the profile. If no information is found then...
- Research to find a source which will determine the correct birth and marriage dates. If no sources are found then...
- Replace date(s) with a reasonable guess based on a date of death or the birth/death date of the spouse or other relatives. Mark the date(s) as "Uncertain." Leave a note in the profile stating that the date is an estimate and what you used as a comparison for estimation.
- If the profile has no sources and no reasonable guess can be made, delete the single date which is clearly incorrect (rarely needed). Add a note in the profile regarding what was in the date field and why it was removed.
- Note: To edit a marriage date first click on the profile's edit tab. Then look for the "edit marriage" link below the spouse in the Edit Family section on the right.
For each Error you can set status. You can set it as Corrected, Not corrected, False Error, Proposed merge or just add a Comment.
If there are related errors for the profile, you will also see them on status page.
Full description is available on Status Help Page.
Questions and Discussions on this Error
You can read what other people have asked here db_error_404.
You can also share your best practices, experiences, problems about this Error by posting a questions in G2G. If you create a new G2G discussion for this Error add tag data_doctors and db_error_404.
A person's marriage date must be after her/his birth date. This is checked only for marriages, where both spouses have public or open profile, since only those marriages are included in the database dump. Another condition is that both dates must be present on the profile.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Robin Rainford, John Morgan, Janet Wild, Aleš Trtnik, Karen Hoy, and Sheryl Moore. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)