Surnames/tags: data_doctors db_error_419
Description of Suggestion - 419: Unmarried parents with no marriages
These parents have a common child, but no marriages are recorded for them.
Content of info column: Empty.
Faulty old GEDCOM imports. It is also possible that there was no marriage between the parents.
- the parents were not in fact married to each other
- the parents were married to each other but the marriage is not entered
Try to find a marriage record and enter the marriage. If one can't be found, or if the parents were not married, note that in the Research Notes section.
- Mark the suggastion as a false suggestion
- Enter the marriage between parents.
For each Suggestion you can set status. You can set it as Corrected, Not corrected, False Suggestion, Proposed merge or just add a Comment.
If there are related errors for the profile, you will also see them on status page.
Full description is available on Status Help Page.
Questions and Discussions on this Suggestion
You can read what other people have asked here db_error_419.
You can also share your best practices, experiences, problems about the Suggestion by posting a question in G2G. If you create a new G2G discussion for this Suggestion, add tag data_doctors and db_error_419.
The presence of marriage is checked for all children with both parents set. Both parents must have Open or Public privacy. This suggestion is created for parents, that have no marriages.
Suggestion reportsYou can see the weekly prepared list of the latest suggestions prepared on May 28th 2023. You can also get the online report on WikiTree+.
- This page is part of the Data Doctors Project.
- Latest report: May 28th 2023.
- Data Doctors Challenge: Reference_Tags_XXXIX and .
- Custom reports by: Suggestion lists, Unsourced lists, Unconnected lists.
- See for custom reports and statistics and our Video Collection.
- Latest ProjectBox Report: Project Report
- Latest Categories Report: Categories Suggestions Report
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Aleš Trtnik, Data Doctors Project WikiTree, Sheryl Moore, and Janet Wild. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
Sometimes the suggestions aren't easily understood, and it helps to have context. You might look at the suggestion group page to which this suggestion belongs for more information: Relationship Suggestions along with the linked help pages for more explanation.
The parents have a common child, but there is no marriage record. The cause may be that the gedcom by which the profile was created didn't have the record in the correct format that WikiTree recognizes, so searching for a marriage record is the action to take. The timeframe is another variable - today, many parents may be unmarried, which was less common 100 years ago. This suggestion's parameters are finding the opposite of what you indicate would be more precise.
edited by Aleš Trtnik
It seems you are reading the title only. The title has a character limit, and the page describes what it is and what to do. Where the suggestion title appears on profiles with this suggestion, there is a question mark link to this page to read more about it.