Surnames/tags: data_doctors db_error_470 db_error_945
Description of Warning - 470: Profile completeness - Unused Span Anchors
The profile has HTML SPAN anchors that are not used for inpage linking.
Description of SPAN anchors and links to them: Span anchor is set by <span id='name'></span> and links to it are set by [[#name]] or [[#name|link text]]. That creates the inpage link to the anchor and clicking on that link scrolls the page to the anchor location where you usually read more about something. While such linking is not recommended on WikiTree, it is not forbidded and the use is not a subject of suggestions. But there can be errors using such links and they are reported. Possible errors are that there are Duplicated span Anchors, where 2 anchors have the same name, Missing span Anchors where there is a link to an unexisting anchor, Unused span Anchors that lists all anchors that are not used and Too many inpage links where there is just way too many of them,
This suggestion is the same as 945 - Unused Span Anchors
Content of info column: Anchor name(s) that are not used.
- Link to the anchor was deleted.
- Copy/Paste of the anchor from another profile.
Remove the unused anchors.
For each Warning you can set status. You can set it as Corrected, Not corrected, False Warning, Proposed merge or just add a Comment.
If there are related errors for the profile, you will also see them on status page.
Full description is available on Status Help Page.
Questions and Discussions on this Warning
You can read what other people have asked here db_error_470.
You can also share your best practices, experiences, problems about the Warning by posting a question in G2G. If you create a new G2G discussion for this Warning, add tag data_doctors and db_error_470.
The biography is checked for the presence of unused SPAN anchors. They are reported if there are 1 or 2 unused anchors.
Validation is limited to profiles, where their manager chose to have managed profiles checked for data completeness. It is done by adding Category:Suggestions_-_Include_Profile_Completeness to your own profile and all your managed profiles will be checked for data completeness. You can add/remove yourself whenever you want to that category.
Suggestion reportsYou can see the weekly prepared list of the latest suggestions prepared on May 28th 2023. You can also get the online report on WikiTree+.
- This page is part of the Data Doctors Project.
- Latest report: May 28th 2023.
- Data Doctors Challenge: Reference_Tags_XXXIX and .
- Custom reports by: Suggestion lists, Unsourced lists, Unconnected lists.
- See for custom reports and statistics and our Video Collection.
- Latest ProjectBox Report: Project Report
- Latest Categories Report: Categories Suggestions Report
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Sheryl Moore, Aleš Trtnik, and Janet Wild. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)