Surnames/tags: data_doctors db_error_501
Description of Error - 501: Wrong male Gender
A person with this name is most likely male, but the gender is marked as female. Possibly either the gender or the name is incorrect. Correct the gender or the name. If both the name and gender are correct, set the status for this error as false.
Content of info column: Empty
VideoSuggestion 501 - Wrong Gender (Male)
Topic Video: Gender: Mr E or Ms Take?
Wrong gender entered or a name that normally is male.
Correct gender or name or mark this error false. And also add sources that prove the fact.
For each Error you can set status. You can set it as Corrected, Not corrected, False Error, Proposed merge or just add a Comment.
If there are related errors for the profile, you will also see them on status page.
Full description is available on Status Help Page.
Questions and Discussions on this Error
You can read what other people have asked here db_error_501.
You can also share your best practices, experiences, problems about the Error by posting a question in G2G. If you create a new G2G discussion for this Error, add tag data_doctors and db_error_501.
In case of multiple names they are checked as one name, since order of the names is also important. Gender of a name is derived from database by sampling data:
- If name appears more than 50 times and 97-100% of persons with this name have male gender then gender is supposed to be male for all persons with this name
- If name appears more than 50 times and 90-97% of persons with this name have male gender and less than 2% have female gender then gender is supposed to be male for all persons with this name
So with entering missing names and correcting false genders, quality of finding wrong gender increases.
Here you can explore gender assignment for any first name.
Suggestion reportsYou can see the weekly prepared list of the latest suggestions prepared on December 5th. You can also get the online report on WikiTree+.
- This page is part of the Data Doctors Project.
- Latest report: December 5th and the Spreadsheet.
- Data Doctors Challenge: Reference_Tags_XXVI and .
- Custom reports by: Suggestion lists, Unsourced lists, Unconnected lists.
- See for custom reports and statistics and our Video Collection.
- Latest ProjectBox Report: Project Report
- Latest Categories Report: Categories Suggestions Report
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Janet Wild, Aleš Trtnik, Sheryl Moore, and Data Doctors Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)