Surnames/tags: data_doctors db_error_503
Categories: DD Suggestions Help.
Description of Error - 503: Probably wrong male gender
Person with this name should statistically be male, but is defined as female. So probably gender is wrong or name is incorrect.
Content of info column: Empty.
Wrong gender or name entered.
Change gender or name or mark this error false. And also add sources that prove the fact.
For each Error you can set status. You can set it as Corrected, Not corrected, False Error, Proposed merge or just add a Comment.
If there are related errors for the profile, you will also see them on status page.
Full description is available on Status Help Page.
Questions and Discussions on this Error
You can read what other people have asked here db_error_503.
You can also share your best practices, experiences, problems about this Error by posting a questions in G2G. If you create a new G2G discussion for this Error add tag data_doctors and db_error_503.
In case of multiple names they are checked as one name, since order of the names is also important. Gender of a name is derived from database by sampling data.
- If name appears more than 50 times and 90-97% of persons with this name have male gender and more than 2% have female gender then gender probably is male
- If name appears more than 50 times and 70-90% of persons with this name have male gender and less than 2% have female gender then gender probably is male
- If name appears less than 50 times and 90-100% of persons with this name have male gender then gender probably is male
- If name appears less than 50 times and 70-90% of persons with this name have male gender and less than 10% have female gender then gender probably is male
- If name is classified as bisexual or unsure and consists of multiple name, then if all names are definitely male/female, then gender is probably male/female.
So with entering missing names and correcting false genders, quality of finding wrong gender increases.
Here you can check gender assignment for any name https://wikitree.sdms.si/wikitree/ShowFirstNames.htm
|Search page Errors in profile|
|Result page Errors in profile|
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Robin Rainford, John Morgan, Janet Wild, Aleš Trtnik, Karen Hoy, and Sheryl Moore. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)