Surnames/tags: data_doctors db_error_504
Categories: DD Suggestions Help.
Description of Error - 504: Missing probably male gender
This WikiTree profile should probably have male gender.
Content of info column: Empty.
Missed setting correct gender.
Set the correct gender or set status as False Error.
For each Error you can set status. You can set it as Corrected, Not corrected, False Error, Proposed merge or just add a Comment.
If there are related errors for the profile, you will also see them on status page.
Full description is available on Status Help Page.
Questions and Discussions on this Error
You can read what other people have asked here db_error_504.
You can also share your best practices, experiences, problems about this Error by posting a questions in G2G. If you create a new G2G discussion for this Error add tag data_doctors and db_error_504.
In case of multiple names they are checked as one name, since order of the names is also important. Gender of a name is derived from database by sampling data.
- If name appears more than 50 times and 90-97% of persons with this name have male gender and more than 2% have female gender then gender probably is male
- If name appears more than 50 times and 70-90% of persons with this name have male gender and less than 2% have female gender then gender probably is male
- If name appears less than 50 times and 90-100% of persons with this name have male gender then gender probably is male
- If name appears less than 50 times and 70-90% of persons with this name have male gender and less than 10% have female gender then gender probably is male
- If name is classified as bisexual or unsure and consists of multiple name, then if all names are definitely male/female, then gender is probably male/female.
So with entering missing names and correcting false genders, quality of finding wrong gender increases.
Here you can check gender assignment for any name https://wikitree.sdms.si/wikitree/ShowFirstNames.htm
|Search page Errors in profile|
|Result page Errors in profile|
- This page is part of the Data Doctors Project.
- Latest report: February 17th 2019 and the Spreadsheet.
- Custom reports by: Suggestion lists, Unsourced lists, Unconnected lists.
- See WikiTree+ for custom reports and statistics.
- Data Doctors Challenge: Names_VIII .
- Category suggestion report: Latest report
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Robin Rainford, Aleš Trtnik, Janet Wild, Sheryl Moore, Karen Hoy, and John Morgan. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)