Surnames/tags: data_doctors db_error_506
Categories: DD Suggestions Help.
Description of Error - 506: Missing female gender
This person is missing gender and the person should have female gender.
Content of info column: Empty.
No gender entered.
Change gender or set status as False error. And also add sources that prove the fact.
For each Error you can set status. You can set it as Corrected, Not corrected, False Error, Proposed merge or just add a Comment.
If there are related errors for the profile, you will also see them on status page.
Full description is available on Status Help Page.
Questions and Discussions on this Error
You can read what other people have asked here db_error_506.
You can also share your best practices, experiences, problems about this Error by posting a questions in G2G. If you create a new G2G discussion for this Error add tag data_doctors and db_error_506.
In case of multiple names they are checked as one name, since order of the names is also important. Gender of a name is derived from database by sampling data:
- If name appears more than 50 times and 97-100% of persons with this name have female gender then gender is supposed to be female for all persons with this name
- If name appears more than 50 times and 90-97% of persons with this name have female gender and less than 2% have male gender then gender is supposed to be female for all persons with this name
So with entering missing names and correcting false genders, quality of finding wrong gender increases.
Here you can check gender assignment for any name https://wikitree.sdms.si/wikitree/ShowFirstNames.htm
|Search page Errors in profile|
|Result page Errors in profile|
- This page is part of the Data Doctors Project.
- Latest report: February 17th 2019 and the Spreadsheet.
- Custom reports by: Suggestion lists, Unsourced lists, Unconnected lists.
- See WikiTree+ for custom reports and statistics.
- Data Doctors Challenge: Names_VIII .
- Category suggestion report: Latest report
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Robin Rainford, Aleš Trtnik, Janet Wild, Sheryl Moore, Karen Hoy, John Morgan, and Pierre Goolaerts. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 11 Dec 2017 at 18:19 GMT Sara Thibault wrote:
On 7 Dec 2016 at 20:56 GMT Margaret (Moyer) Cook wrote:
Any advice is appreciated.