Surnames/tags: data_doctors db_error_574
Description of Error - 574: FindAGrave - Imprecise birth date
These WikiTree profiles have a birth date but the birth date at FindAGrave is more exact
To read more on Find A Grave, see Help:Find A Grave.
Content of info column: Birth date used at Find A Grave ex. 18110618
VideoSuggestion 574 FindAGrave - Imprecise birth date
Topic Video: Mr E Figures Out Find A Grave
The birth date in WikiTree is entered approximately such as a year only.
There are few possible actions:
- Wrong link to FindAGrave. It is possible, that the wrong FindAGrave memorial was matched to the WikiTree profile. In such a case, you can add a link to the correct FindAGrave memorial in the WikiTree profile if it exists. If you are unable to find the correct memorial, set the status to False error.
- Error in FindAGrave. Sometimes Find A Grave shows the wrong dates either because of data entry errors, or perhaps a mistake in the engraving of the tombstone. Mark the error as a false error. Also, you might make a comment on the Find A Grave memorial that there is an error.
- Error in WikiTree. Correct the birth date in WikiTree and the error should be gone on Monday. FindAGrave gives you a possible birth date, but try to find other sources. If Find A Grave has a gravestone picture, then that could be a source for a birth date. If there is no picture of a gravestone on FindAGrave, you can request it there. How to request a grave picture at FindAGrave
For each Error you can set status. You can set it as Corrected, Not corrected, False Error, Proposed merge or just add a Comment.
If there are related errors for the profile, you will also see them on status page.
Full description is available on Status Help Page.
Questions and Discussions on this Error
You can read what other people have asked here db_error_574.
You can also share your best practices, experiences, problems about the Error by posting a question in G2G. If you create a new G2G discussion for this Error, add tag data_doctors and db_error_574.
All identified links to FindAGrave are compared to profile data. Link is identified by extracting memorial number from link, template or text Memorial #
Comparison is done by following rules:
- If name is exactly the same, it is considered a match.
- If it is a small difference, dates are also compared and if they are the same within 1 year, it is considered a match.
- If it is a medium difference, dates are also compared and if they are exactly the same, it is considered a match.
- If none of the conditions apply it is considered not identified.
All of the profiles where a profile matches a memorial on FindAGrave are checked for an imprecise birth date. This is checked only if there is a birth date entered on FindAGrave.
Suggestion reportsYou can see the weekly prepared list of the latest suggestions prepared on September 24th 2023. You can also get the online report on WikiTree+.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Lance Martin, Aleš Trtnik, Janet Wild, Sheryl Moore, and Data Doctors Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)