Surnames/tags: data_doctors db_error_575
Description of Error - 575: FindAGrave - Different birth date
This WikiTree profile has a birth date that is different than the birth date at FindAGrave.
To read more on Find A Grave, see Help:Find A Grave.
Content of info column: Birth date used at Find A Grave ex. 18110618
Video575 FindAGrave - Different birth date
Topic Video: Mr E Figures Out Find A Grave
Birth date in Wikitree or FindAGrave is wrong.
There are few possible actions:
- Wrong link to FindAGrave. It is possible, that wrong FindAGrave memorial was identified as a match to the wikiprofile. In such case, you can add a link to the correct FindAGrave memorial if it exists. If it doesn't set status to False error.
- Error in FindAGrave. Mark error as false error. Please explain in the Research Notes of the WikiTree profile that you have a difference in birth dates and why you think the WIkiTree birth date is correct.
- Error in wikitree. Correct the birth date in wikitree and the error should be gone on Monday. FindAGrave shows a possible birth date but try to find other sources. If Find A Grave has a gravestone picture then that could be a source for a birth date. If no picture of the gravestone exists on FindAGrave, you can request it there. How to request a grave picture at FindAGrave
For each Error you can set status. You can set it as Corrected, Not corrected, False Error, Proposed merge or just add a Comment.
If there are related errors for the profile, you will also see them on status page.
Full description is available on Status Help Page.
Questions and Discussions on this Error
You can read what other people have asked here db_error_575.
You can also share your best practices, experiences, problems about the Error by posting a question in G2G. If you create a new G2G discussion for this Error, add tag data_doctors and db_error_575.
All identified links to FindAGrave are compared to profile data. Link is identified by extracting memorial number from link, template or text Memorial #
Comparison is done by following rules:
- If name is exactly the same, it is considered a match.
- If it is a small difference, dates are also compared and if they are the same within 1 year, it is considered a match.
- If it is a medium difference, dates are also compared and if they are exactly the same, it is considered a match.
- If none of the conditions apply it is considered not identified.
All profiles where profile matches memorial on FindAGrave are checked for different birth date. This is checked only if there is a birth date entered on FindAGrave.
Suggestion reportsYou can see the weekly prepared list of the latest suggestions prepared on September 25th 2022. You can also get the online report on WikiTree+.
- This page is part of the Data Doctors Project.
- Latest report: September 25th 2022.
- Source-A-Thon: Get ready for Source-a-Thon 2022, that will be this weekend. You can register now.
- Custom reports by: Suggestion lists, Unsourced lists, Unconnected lists.
- See for custom reports and statistics and our Video Collection.
- Latest ProjectBox Report: Project Report
- Latest Categories Report: Categories Suggestions Report
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Sheryl Moore, Janet Wild, Lance Martin, Aleš Trtnik, and Data Doctors Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)