Surnames/tags: data_doctors db_error_577
Description of Error - 577: FindAGrave - Imprecise death date
This WikiTree profile has a death date but the death date at FindAGrave is more exact.
Content of info column: Death date used at Find A Grave ex. 18110618
VideoSuggestion 577 FindAGrave - Imprecise death date
Topic Video: Mr E Figures Out Find A Grave
Death date in Wikitree is entered approximately.
There are few possible actions:
- Wrong link to FindAGrave. It is possible, that the wrong FindAGrave memorial was identified as a match to the wikiprofile. In such a case, you can add a link to the correct FindAGrave memorial if it exists. If it doesn't, set the status to False error.
- Error in FindAGrave. Mark error as false error.
- Error in wikitree. Correct the death date in wikitree and the error should be gone on Monday. FindAGrave gives you the possible death date but try to find other sources. If Find A Grave has a gravestone picture then that could be a source for a death date. If no picture of a gravestone exists on FindAGrave, you can request it there. How to request a grave picture at FindAGrave
For each Error you can set status. You can set it as Corrected, Not corrected, False Error, Proposed merge or just add a Comment.
If there are related errors for the profile, you will also see them on status page.
Full description is available on Status Help Page.
Questions and Discussions on this Error
You can read what other people have asked here db_error_577.
You can also share your best practices, experiences, problems about this Error by posting a questions in G2G. If you create a new G2G discussion for this Error add tag data_doctors and db_error_577.
All identified links to FindAGrave are compared to profile data. Link is identified by extracting memorial number from link, template or text Memorial #
Comparison is done by following rules:
- If name is exactly the same, it is considered a match.
- If it is a small difference, dates are also compared and if they are the same within 1 year, it is considered a match.
- If it is a medium difference, dates are also compared and if they are exactly the same, it is considered a match.
- If none of the conditions apply it is considered not identified.
- This page is part of the Data Doctors Project.
- Latest report: May 24th 2020 and the Spreadsheet.
- Data Doctors Challenge: Reference_Tags_XVI and .
- Custom reports by: Suggestion lists, Unsourced lists, Unconnected lists.
- See for custom reports and statistics and our Video Collection.
- Latest ProjectBox Report: Project Report
- Latest Categories Report: Categories Suggestions Report
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Karen Hoy, Lance Martin, Janet Wild, Aleš Trtnik, Sheryl Moore, and Data Doctors Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)