Surnames/tags: data_doctors db_error_581
Description of Error - 581: FindAGrave - Missing death location
This WikiTree profile has a no death location but FindAGrave has one.
To read more on Find A Grave, see Help:Find A Grave.
Content of info column: Death location used at Find A Grave
VideoSuggestion 581 FindAGrave - Missing death date
Topic Video: Mr E Figures Out Find A Grave
No death location entered in Wikitree
There are few possible actions:
- Wrong link to FindAGrave. It is possible, that wrong FindAGrave memorial was identified as likely profile's memorial. In such case, you can add link to correct FindAGrave memorial to the profile if it exists. If it doesn't set status to False error.
- Error in FindAGrave. Mark error as false error.
- Error in wikitree. Enter death location in wikitree and error should be gone on monday. FindAGrave gives you the possible death location but try to find other sources. If Find A Grave has a gravestone picture then that could be a source for a death location. If no picture of a gravestone exists on FindAGrave, you can request it there. How to request a grave picture at FindAGrave
For each Error you can set status. You can set it as Corrected, Not corrected, False Error, Proposed merge or just add a Comment.
If there are related errors for the profile, you will also see them on status page.
Full description is available on Status Help Page.
Questions and Discussions on this Error
You can read what other people have asked here db_error_581.
You can also share your best practices, experiences, problems about the Error by posting a question in G2G. If you create a new G2G discussion for this Error, add tag data_doctors and db_error_581.
All identified links to FindAGrave are compared to profile data. Link is identified by extracting memorial number from link, template or text Memorial #
Comparison is done by following rules:
- If name is exactly the same, it is considered a match.
- If it is a small difference, dates are also compared and if they are the same within 1 year, it is considered a match.
- If it is a medium difference, dates are also compared and if they are exactly the same, it is considered a match.
- If none of the conditions apply it is considered not identified.
All profiles where profile matches memorial on FindAGrave are checked for missing death location. This is checked only if there is a death location entered on FindAGrave.
Suggestion reportsYou can see the weekly prepared list of the latest suggestions prepared on September 17th 2023. You can also get the online report on WikiTree+.
- This page is part of the Data Doctors Project.
- Latest report: September 17th 2023.
- Data Doctors Challenge: Orphaned_Profiles_XLI and .
- Custom reports by: Suggestion lists, Unsourced lists, Unconnected lists.
- See for custom reports and statistics and our Video Collection.
- Latest ProjectBox Report: Project Report
- Latest Categories Report: Categories Suggestions Report
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Janet Wild, Aleš Trtnik, Lance Martin, Sheryl Moore, and Data Doctors Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)