Surnames/tags: data_doctors db_error_585
Description of Error - 585: FindAGrave - Multiple profiles link to same grave ID
More WikiTree profile has links to the same FIndAGrave profile
To read more on Find A Grave, see Help:Find A Grave.
Content of info column: Compare link, where you compare both profiles in question for differences.
VideoSuggestion 585 FindAGrave - Multiple profiles link to same grave ID
Topic Video: Mr E Figures Out Find A Grave
Duplicate profile on Wikitree.
There are few possible actions:
- Wrong link to FindAGrave. It is possible that either profile has the wrong FindAGrave memorial identified as likely profile's memorial. In such case, you can link the correct FindAGrave memorial to the profile if it exists. If it doesn't, set the status to False error.
- Error in wikitree. Merge duplicated profiles. It is possible that also relatives are duplicated, so examine also them.
For each Error you can set status. You can set it as Corrected, Not corrected, False Error, Proposed merge or just add a Comment.
If there are related errors for the profile, you will also see them on status page.
Full description is available on Status Help Page.
Questions and Discussions on this Error
You can read what other people have asked here db_error_585.
You can also share your best practices, experiences, problems about the Error by posting a question in G2G. If you create a new G2G discussion for this Error, add tag data_doctors and db_error_585.
All identified links to FindAGrave are compared to profile data. Link is identified by extracting memorial number from link, template or text Memorial #
Comparison is done by following rules:
- If the name is exactly the same, it is considered a match.
- If it is a small difference, dates are also compared and if they are the same within 1 year, it is considered a match.
- If it is a medium difference, dates are also compared and if they are exactly the same, it is considered a match.
- If none of the conditions apply it is considered not identified.
All profiles that are linked to a memorial on FindAGrave are compared to determine if two or more are linked to the same memorial on FindAGrave.
Suggestion reportsYou can see the weekly prepared list of the latest suggestions prepared on November 26th 2023. You can also get the online report on WikiTree+.
- This page is part of the Data Doctors Project.
- Latest report: November 26th 2023.
- Data Doctors Challenge: GEDCOM_Data_XLII and .
- Custom reports by: Suggestion lists, Unsourced lists, Unconnected lists.
- See for custom reports and statistics and our Video Collection.
- Latest ProjectBox Report: Project Report
- Latest Categories Report: Categories Suggestions Report
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Sheryl Moore, Janet Wild, Aleš Trtnik, Data Doctors Project WikiTree, and Lance Martin. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)