Surnames/tags: data_doctors db_error_585
Categories: DD Suggestions Help.
Description of Error - 585: FindAGrave - Multiple profiles link to same grave ID
More WikiTree profile has links to the same FIndAGrave profile
Content of info column: Compare link, where you compare both profiles in question for differences.
Duplicate profile on Wikitree.
There are few possible actions:
- Wrong link to FindAGrave. It is possible that either profile has the wrong FindAGrave memorial identified as likely profile's memorial. In such case, you can link the correct FindAGrave memorial to the profile if it exists. If it doesn't, set the status to False error.
- Error in wikitree. Merge duplicated profiles. It is possible that also relatives are duplicated, so examine also them.
For each Error you can set status. You can set it as Corrected, Not corrected, False Error, Proposed merge or just add a Comment.
If there are related errors for the profile, you will also see them on status page.
Full description is available on Status Help Page.
Questions and Discussions on this Error
You can read what other people have asked here db_error_585.
You can also share your best practices, experiences, problems about this Error by posting a questions in G2G. If you create a new G2G discussion for this Error add tag data_doctors and db_error_585.
All identified links to FindAGrave are compared to profile data. Link is identified by extracting memorial number from link, template or text Memorial #
Comparison is done by following rules:
- If the name is exactly the same, it is considered a match.
- If it is a small difference, dates are also compared and if they are the same within 1 year, it is considered a match.
- If it is a medium difference, dates are also compared and if they are exactly the same, it is considered a match.
- If none of the conditions apply it is considered not identified.
All profiles that are linked to a memorial on FindAGrave are compared to determine if two or more are linked to the same memorial on FindAGrave.
- This page is part of the Data Doctors Project.
- Latest report: February 17th 2019 and the Spreadsheet.
- Custom reports by: Suggestion lists, Unsourced lists, Unconnected lists.
- See WikiTree+ for custom reports and statistics.
- Data Doctors Challenge: Names_VIII .
- Category suggestion report: Latest report
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Robin Rainford, Aleš Trtnik, Janet Wild, Sheryl Moore, Karen Hoy, John Morgan, and Lance Martin. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 6 Feb 2019 at 21:51 GMT Carolyn (Stutts) Stone wrote:
On 4 Apr 2018 at 20:48 GMT Aleš Trtnik wrote:
On 4 Apr 2018 at 20:33 GMT Rob Jacobson wrote:
By the way, the error checker saw one 585 error, but did not see the second one (there were 3 FindAGrave links).
On 30 Aug 2017 at 22:30 GMT Alan Condit wrote: